So ready for spring
Last weekend was a cruel joke with 80 degree days. Our windows were open, flip flops and capris were broken out and the down comforter was shoved to the floor. Alas, winter has returned and it rained all weekend and we had to turn the heat back on. Yuck. I am so SO ready for spring. Plus, Maggie got to wear some new spring clothes. This was actually outfit #2 of the day (I think this picture was taken about 6:55 am) because she had an accident with her cereal bowl and ended up covered in milk. She cried when that happened because she didn't want to change her clothes.
The other day at Target, Maggie wanted a Ring Pop. I told her no, I wasn't buying her one and she said, "But I want it." I told her I understood that she wanted it but I wasn't buying it for her. She sulked away and stood in front of the sliding doors at the entrance. I asked her to come back and hold my hand but she refused. There were people waiting to get out of the store, who she did not see, so I asked her to move so the people could leave. She did finally get out of their way but she wouldn't come stand by me. Then when we got out to the car and drove away, she said, "I'm a little bit mad at you." HEE. I had to try not to laugh.
Last Saturday, Maggie went to birthday part #2, which was at the little girl's house this time. They grilled out hot dogs and let the kids run around in the backyard. They had a small bounce house and the holy grail, a Barbie Power Wheels Jeep. That was all the kids wanted to do during the party. They spent the entire party either driving the Jeep, crying because they weren't driving the Jeep, fighting about who got to drive the Jeep or following the Jeep around, Pied Piper-like. None of them wanted to eat cake or watch the birthday girl open presents. It was all about the Jeep. I spent a good amount of time during the party being outcast mom because I didn't know any of the other moms there. That was super fun. I was glad I had on sunglasses, not that I was crying or anything, but I just feel a little safer with my eyes covered, you know? Then I really sealed my fate as the coolest mom there when I slipped and fell in the backyard during the party. Awesome. Someone commented that at least Maggie wasn't old enough to be embarrassed by me yet. HA! So true.
When we were at Target last weekend, I let Maggie sit on and try out a little Radio Flyer tricycle. It fit her perfectly and her legs were just the right length to reach the pedals. She still is not quite big enough for the Fisher Price Big Wheel type trike she got 2 Christmases ago. I really wanted to get it for her but the Radio Flyer was about $50. That's a little too rich for my blood right now. Mom suggested that I check Craigslist, so I did and found a guy selling 2 of them for $15/each. I emailed him, found out they were still available and we set up a time for me to come over. I got both of the tricycles and Mom and Dad took 1 of them home to be at their house. Maggie really likes her new tricycle and it really is just the right size.
I guess that is my update for now. I need to blog more often. I know. I say it all the time. Maybe I will.
3 comments:
Let me tell you, I was completely bummed to have to turn the heat back on, too!
Love how Maggie is dressed in summer duds in one pic, and a snowflake shirt in another all on one post.
Thanks for the update!
Leslie
Ugh, I know it---the spring weather tease was cruel! I think better weather is on the way though. Glad Maggie got a tricycle her size.
by the way dude, that sucks
Post a Comment