Grouch City
How much longer is this blasted school year going to drag on? I am so sick of school, whiny students, reteaching stuff to kids who didn't pass standardized tests and life in general. I seriously thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown at work today. Therefore, I have taken tomorrow off and I am going to relax a little bit. And maybe grade the million poetry portfolios that I, yet again, assigned to my students.
I cannot get either of those silly videos to load on Blogger OR YouTube so I'll try again later. They are cute too! Maggie and I watched them about 10 times tonight. Then she and I scrolled back through some of the old videos from when she was a baby and we still lived at our other house. Wah! She is a baby no more. Maggie was sooo sweet when she was a baby. I mean, she is still sweet now but she was really sweet then. She is lots of fun, now, though. I like 3, for the most part.
Let's talk about summer plans, shall we? Okay. Well, after school is out, David is taking a herd of high schoolers to NYC. Maggie and I aren't going this year, partially because I'll be damned if I ever go on David's Death March Tour of New York again. He does not cotton to lollygaggers and unfortunately, that is what I am. So, we're going to my mom and dad's instead to hang out with them and see Maggie's 1 1/2 year old cousin, Nuria, who is apparently hell on wheels. Yay! Then after we come home, we are driving to Pittsburgh with David's mom and grandma to go to David's cousin's graduation party. That is going to be a par-TAY, I bet. I can't wait. That will also be Maggie's first visit to the 'Burgh. She needs a new Steelers shirt as her old one is well, a onesie. Then we will collapse at home for a week and celebrate our 10th anniversary on the 26th! Whoa. Then we go to the beach and I CANNOT WAIT. Eating and sunning and reading and me avoiding sitting directly on the sand will ensue. Then David and Maggie will go home and I will spend the following week at the beach with my girlfriends. WOO HOO. I really can't wait for that! But of course I love my week at the beach with my family the most. Mostly. Then I will go home and we will go BACK to LaGrange because David is taking an AP class in Atlanta. Maggie and I are not attending that. We will hang out with Grandma and Papa again and probably my mom will drive me nuts because the woman cannot sit down and relax ever. Luckily, my dad and I are really good at that. Then we will come home and not leave ever again. And then Meredith and Joe come for the weekend at the end of July. Hooray! And now all of you would-be robbers know when to come and hit up our house for our non-loot.
Since I couldn't get those videos to load, here are some pictures of Maggie eating corn. She ate that stuff down to the cob.
Yum!
I caught her trying to DRINK the melted butter
off of her plate. We know where she learned
that, right, ReRe????
And now I feel better so yay!
8 comments:
ummm, butter, butter...yea, more, more~~could use the words to her song (like Jon says) so we can follow along~~ I don't remember David and Erin singing that~~oh, I will be bringing our Rotweiler over to the house to stay while you're gone~~ReRe
wow, sounds like quite a busy and fun summer. Where do you guys go to the beach?
Man, I am so JEALOUS that you are off today!
Leslie
I can't wait to see Maggie in July!!! (oh yeah, and you and David too).
I think she learned the drinking butter thing from Amanda, if you haven't seen her yellow mashed potatoes, it is a treat! Congrats on 10 years, I can hardly believe I have known you that long. Sounds like a busy summer! I am jealous! We have one trip planned, that is all. I may try to hit up Pittsburgh too though, just not around Fran's graduation.
please save some time during your first trip so Jim and I can see you and Miss Maggie. Don't forget I have the draw of the Cricut Expressions machine. Yep, I will resort to bribery. I think your next trip here in July we will be in Seattle.
Amen, sister on the school thing. I. Am. DONE! I'm so over it all right now I could SCREAM!! I've got a stack of 76 tests to grade by TOMORROW and yet I'm out here playing on the 'net because I'm so stressed I needed a breather. UGH!
Hang in there!
Can't blame a girl for trying to drink the butter...
And that girls is seriously gorgeous.
Sounds like a fun summer ahead!
Post a Comment