Catching up, part 2
Before I continue my recapping, I must tell you that I went to the dentist this morning and she discovered a cavity on the back of one of my FRONT teeth. How gross is that? Can't you just envision some redneck with rotten and falling out teeth? Nice. After I got my braces off way back in junior high, my teeth started moving back into their crooked state so the orthodontist bonded my 4 front teeth with wires on the back of them. At some point, one of the wires popped off and junk got in behind the glue that was used to attach the wire and apparently began eating away at my tooth. So, I'm getting a filling next Friday. The hygienist said that numbing the area would probably be the worst part. Excellent. I about passed out the last time I had novocaine because the dentist left the needle in the roof of my mouth for so long.
Oh, yummers. Look at that picture. I might need to print it out and hang it on the wall in my classroom. I wish Giant Eagle delivered down here. All that is to say that we ate a lot of food. Then the thousand Aleve that I had taken that day quit working and I needed to leave very quickly so David, Maggie and I headed back to the hotel. Grandma Grace and ReRe stuck around Fran's for a little longer because they weren't ready to call it a night.On Sunday, ReRe and Grandma Grace needed to recover from their wild evening so the 3 of us went over to the outlets in Washington, PA. We also went by the new casino that is there and if Maggie hadn't been with us, maybe we would have gone in! Oh yeah, it was also Father's Day and I was LAME and didn't get David anything other than a card. He had said that the Wii Fit was a present for both of us and not to feel bad but I know I was lame. We went to Red Robin for lunch and then we went to David's Aunt Annie's (David's dad's sister) house. She lives in her parents' house (David's grandparents) and it is SUPER cool. I love it.
Maggie and Uncle Neil had on matching Penguins t shirts!
The bathroom at Aunt Annie's house is upstairs and of course, the Bathroom Inspector had to pay it a visit about 10 times. I swear that gets old. Does it improve, veteran moms? Do kids always want to check out the bathrooms? Aunt Annie has a little dog (A Bichon, maybe? I can't remember) named Maytag and Maggie was quite entranced with him. We sat around and talked for a long time and then we needed to head for the hotel so we could be ready to leave in the morning!
The next day, we were up bright and early and hit the road. I read The Help the entire way home which was OMG so good. Go and buy it or check it out from the library and then block out about a day because you will not want to put it down once you start reading it.
And thus endeth the recap of our very quick trip to Pittsburgh. Up next, I attempt crafts with Maggie (and kind of fail) and the BEACH!
4 comments:
I love the door in Aunt Annie's kitchen! We had started measuring Kylie in our old house and Ian actually took down the trim around the door and it is in storage right now...
Glad to see you back online, I've been wondering about Maggie!
So glad to see you back, I have missed the Maggie updates. I can't for the next installment.
I had that same bonding stuff behind my 6 front teeth -- top and bottom. good ole Dr. Stewart's work! :) I think I just lost the LAST of it about a year ago...man that stuff was really stuck on there. every dentist I've been to since has commented on how ancient it was. haha I hate the dentist. I always request the gas before the novocaine....then you don't get a crap about what they do. ;)
Maytag is a Bichon, also a her.
Post a Comment