Blogging slump
Gosh, I wish my brain and my computer were somehow connected because I find myself writing blog posts in my head constantly but then I never want to sit down and type them out. Things have been kind of busy here lately but I haven't been so good about taking the pictures.
Two weeks ago, Maggie, Grammy and I went to Clemmons for the state XC meet. I got to drive David's Honda Fit, which was lots of fun. That car can go around corners very fast. VERY fast. We got lost a couple of times and Garmina was NOT helping me out. We did finally make it, though and were able to watch the runners come over the finish line and heave all over one another and basically look like zombies. I have no clue why anyone would want to do that voluntarily. Yeah, yeah, endorphins, whatEVER. I prefer to get my endorphins from say, "Friends" reruns or some dark chocolate or maybe an evening spent on the computer. After the races were over, we hung out at the team tent with David and I made Maggie run around this field for a long time. She fell asleep before we got out of the parking area. I made her wake up to eat lunch at the sketchy IHOP at the sketchy Statesville mall and then she didn't want to go back to sleep after that. I sure did! Actually, I did fall asleep on the couch after we got home and when I woke up, I had no idea where I was, what time it was or what day it was. I was kind of struggling there for a bit.
Then LAST weekend, my mom and dad came up and David and I got to escape to the mountains for the weekend all by ourselves. That was awesome. We stayed at the Valle Crucis B&B which was really nice. We had the top floor all to ourselves including a hall bath, which I didn't realize our room had when I booked it. Oops. It wasn't like we had to share it with anyone though. Our bed had this down comforter on it that felt like the lead apron you wear at the dentist when you get x rays. Y'all, seriously. It was SO heavy. How could feathers be that heavy? I practically broke a sweat pulling it up. We also went on some hikes, which was very out of character for me, but the weather was beautiful and it really was nice to be outside. We took one hike on Friday that was SO pretty and we left the stinking camera at HOME. We got to ford some streams and one part of it even took us straight through a pasture full of cows. We walked around Blowing Rock on Saturday and did some shopping and ate lunch at an English pub. Then we hiked around the Linn Cove Viaduct which was also really pretty. David told me that he couldn't believe I was so nimble on the rocks. Heh. We were also super wild and ordered dinner to be delivered to the B&B on Saturday night and then went upstairs to our little sitting area/den and watched a dumb movie and some episodes of "Friends." We came home on Sunday and Maggie had apparently had a big time with Grandma and "Joe Joe."
Tonight I let Maggie fool around with the camera and she got some interesting shots. Well, first I had to get some pictures because I am in most of the ones that she took and alas, they are not flattering at all.
Here is my family of heads.
I love how Maggie's eyebrows arch up
rather devilishly when she is grinning.
Modeling her pink Fuggs.
This is what she did when I told her to model
Then she made me model too.
I wish you could see that my hand
was on my hip while lying on the floor.
Uh oh, time out for a boo boo.
The Land of Neglected Toys
Ketchup.
This is sorta artsy, eh?
My feet. And legs.
And yes, Mom, those are
my pajamas. At dinnertime.
Puzzles.
Not as neglected as the toys.
That's enough photos, I think. Y'all don't need to see our McDonald's dinner on the coffee table. Oops, I gave it away! I am ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I need a break from the schoolhouse. My students are wearing me down. Our original plan was to go to NYC to see Meredith and Joe for Thanksgiving but because I am dumb and apparently thought the airlines would be practically giving tickets away, we are now staying home. I sure wish our money tree would take root in the backyard. We will be doing the budget (pronounced boo-jay) Christmas this year. I have already scored a Leapster on Ebay for Margaret plus I found a Kai Lan game for $15 at Target. I do love a good deal. I wonder if she'd like some pancake mix that I got for 10 cents at HT. Blech, enough of that subject. Are you all cringing appropriately, like, UGH, is she REALLY talking about MONEY and Christmas? On her BLOG? How gauche.
On a completely unrelated note, I totally busted a kid who was (TRYING to) cheat on a quiz today. I saw him not-so-surreptitiously copying something frantically onto a post it note during study hall and I was immediately suspicious but I thought I'd just see what happened once the quiz started. Well, of COURSE, he had it stuck on the seat of his desk and was trying to peer through his legs at it. I went over to him and said, "Either get a zero or give me your sticky note RIGHT NOW." So awesome. These kids do not realize that I may have cheated a time or two in school and the best place to write down chemistry formulas might be inside your calculator cover. Not that I ever did that or anything.
I think I need to wrap this up. I'm rambling and I'm sure all 3 of my readers are like, I wish she would go back to never updating.
8 comments:
You know, something about the land of neglected toys ~ ours is the hearth. And every time I get the wise idea to start putting some of them away to either sell or give to charity, Kylie will suddenly start asking for the one small thing out of all the other toys and realize that it is missing even if she hadn't touched it for months. Crazy!
I'm kinda jealous that you got away for a whole weekend. Ian and I do well to get a date for dinner every two months...
And kudos on busting the cheater!
Please keep up the blogging ~ I was kinda hoping you'd be doing the November every day thing again this year.
so miss your regular updates. I HATE that you won't be in NYC next week. Hate it.
Do not ever go back to not-updating!
The leaden down comforter absolutely slays me.
There must be three readers! Oh yes, you TOLD me to read this. G'ma told Uncle Steve I made Maggie cry. NOT! She chose to.
MOM
LOLOLOLOL. Your pictures were maybe my favorite part, althoughI personally enjoyed reading about your boo-jay Xmas. We will have one of those too, since money trees are nonexistent in our corner of NC!
Glad you had a fun weekend away.
We are doing a boojay crummus, too. I traded my points from mypoints.com for some gift cards...there are some black Friday deals that will be free after rebates. I'm going back through my closet of stuff I've gotten and am regifting some things. Found some $5 DVDs for her that I think she'll enjoy, some books, and her barbies I picked up a few months back. When I was a kid, we got 3 things from Santa. They could be all 3 things we asked for OR one ask and two surprises, 2 asks and 1 surprise or all three surprises. That kept things under control for my parents and we've implemented it this year. We'll see Santa soon after we get home from vacation and once you see Santa, it seals the deal...there's no changing. If we see Santa early, it will give me the chance to track down whatever it is she wants before all the crazies go at it. Will let you know how it turns out :)
Love the pictures and one of these days I need to cross the street so the girls can play and we can hang out and indulge in my half price halloween candy I got at more of a discount b/c I had a coupon :)
love your updates! No more slumps!! :)
Missed ya, but totally understand, I still have not posted for Halloween. Guess I better get on that soon. So glad to see the updates. Talk to you soon.
Brooke
Post a Comment