Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Christmas, all, belatedly! As far as David and I are concerned, this was our last Christmas as "a couple," rather than as a family. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. Kinda scary, kinda exciting! I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the loooong tunnel. I'm ready to get there and see it for real.

Our Christmas was wonderful, as usual. We have such a good time as a family. I can't imagine doing things any other way than how we do them. We take FOREVER opening presents--taking turns to see what everyone gets--and it's the most fun. We also each buy one present for each person's stocking, which is way fun. I love all the little stuff that you get in a stocking. Maggie got some gifts this year--2 toys and a precious outfit from Great Grandma. I cannot wait to put it on her--it's all pink hearts and flowers. So cute. I guess I'll put what Santa brought me because to be honest, even at age 30, I still want to know what other people got for Christmas. I got an iTrip so we can listen to the iPod in the car. However, David got mad at me today when I kept skipping through all the Pearl Jam, Doors, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan and Coldplay for my infinitely cooler music such as Celine Dion, ABBA, and Indigo Girls. I also got a book "Mei Mei: Little Sister" from It is the coolest book--all black and white pictures of girls in orphanages in China. It was definitely one of my favorite presents. I also got "Sound of Music" DVD, Rachael Ray 365 cookbook, some hair stuff called Dirt, 2 purses (well, really 3 because David's fam gave me one too) and some other stuff that I can't remember right now. All in all, a super day.
Tomorrow, Jeff, Pam, David and I are going to IKEA in Atlanta (I CANNOT wait) and then David and I are going to shop some more while Jeff and Pam go to the immigration lawyer. I am certain our family has been red-flagged by immigration what with all the business we've been giving them lately.
That's all for now. David's family who are reading this--I miss you!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Merry Christmas to you as well! I have to take David's side on the music selection, turning off Coldplay for ABBA is not the right thing to be teaching my little cousin!!! You want to know what we got so here goes. Pressure Washer (you may borrow whenever your wish) Seasons 1-4 of "The Family Guy" on DVD. A few giftcards, a remote control Subaru WRX. "Michael" on DVD. I got a Charlotte 49ers pillow. Amanda got new Columbia Vertex Ski Pants, Pictionary, Cranium (you and David need to practice) and Cinderella on DVD. See you when you get back B!