My 2 possible evening activities are as follows: do Christmas cards or wrap presents. I would rather wrap presents but I am taking a break from doing cards instead. I stopped to get 2 addresses off the white pages website but it was extremely unhelpful, to say the least. So, Jane and ReRe/Grandma Grace--sorry you're not getting a Christmas card. I don't have your addresses.
We watched the 1984 George C. Scott version of "A Christmas Carol" at school, and lest you think I'm shoving Christianity down my students' throats, we did read the play last week and talked about why it's an important piece of literature. I had a kid about have a meltdown in class though because he didn't want to play the leper. Really, who does? My students are the worst movie viewers in the world. I don't know about anybody else, but I LOVED movie days at school. You didn't have to listen to the teacher and you just got to sit there and watch. All my students want to do is talk. TALKTALKTALKTALK. Plus, they think everything is lame unless it has car crashes and cussing and blood and guts all over the place. Oh, the best part of the movie was that I bought it for $2.79 at Media Play, which is going out of business. Awesome.
I am tired of not being able to tell anybody anything about this adoption. We have no idea when we are going to hear something and we have no idea who Maggie is, where she is, what she looks like, how old she is or when we are going to go get her. I realize that everyone is very excited and we are too, but to be honest, I'm tired of talking about it. I promise, everyone in the WORLD will know when we know something. I'm not going to keep it a secret. I promise.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry about asking so much, I guess you feel like a child at Christmas, don't talk about Santa, just have him deliver. I created a blog, I need to work on it for a while before it is ready. This is such a cool thing to do. "B"
Post a Comment