Thursday, December 15, 2005

We got a small-ish ice storm today. Nothing to warrant a day out of school, though. Of course. The power flickered at school a couple of times this AM which of course was cause for much screeching, running around and asking if I thought we were going to get out of school early. Days like today make me grouchy. And no, we didn't get out early. All after school activities were cancelled though so I didn't have to stay for the ultra-cool National Academic League practice that I had scheduled.

It is VERY cold in this bedroom. It's probably a good thing Maggie will not be sleeping in here. She might have flashbacks to the orphanage. Not that I think that the orphanages are horrible places, but I don't think they dress the babies like Michelin men because they think it looks cute.

Emily and Leslie are coming to help me paint Maggie's room on Wednesday. I think I have decided on a lovely shade of green. We (well, really, me, because I don't think David cares) are doing the nursery in Pottery Barn Kids "Alphabet Soup" line. Not girly in the least but I think it's so cute. I registered for a few things at PBK one night while I was wasting time on the internet. Go ahead, judge away.

Maggie got a popup book from a friend of mine for Christmas and I got a sterling silver locket for Maggie's picture whenever we get her. I think that's a really cool present. I told Kathy that Maggie may not be allowed to touch her popup book. It's really pretty.

Okay, decisions, decisions. Do I want the Healthy Choice meal I have in the freezer or do I want to go back out in the rain (but in my new car) and get a hamburger from Cookout? I think I know the answer to that question. David's not here tonight so maybe I'll just eat Doritos.

No comments: