Thursday, March 30, 2006

Her name is Katie

So, not so crazy about the kitty so far. She's been hissing and spitting and acting all skittery basically since we got home. David says it was like this with Tony, but I guess I've blocked it out. You should have heard her growling at Louie when he came in the room where she's living right now (that would be Maggie's room). She swiped at Louie and Louie got up on his hind legs like some kind of T-rex or something. I about died. He's currently sulking on Cousy's bed in our room. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow to get some shots. I'm going to have her injected with some nice hormones as well. One thing that operates quite well is her ability to use the litter box. I can smell it all the way in here.

Today, I got on a binge and cleaned the hell out of the kitchen. I scrubbed the refrigerator and all the cabinets and vacuumed and mopped the floor. I destroyed 2 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers in the process. Those things rule. There is some kind of toxic spill in the bottom of the fridge that I couldn't clean up, however. We should probably never have company because I think we might be disgusting.

Here's what I have cooked this week as I told David I would cook dinner each night while I was on break. Monday night we had Spicy Shrimp and Bok Choy Noodle Bowl. It was tasty. It had clam juice in it which.....YUCK. Anyway, that lasted for 2 nights. Then last night we had BBQ Sloppy Chicken Pizza which was YUM. The crust is cornbread which is just so delicious. I'm sure it's about a zillion points but who cares. I decided that it was worth 8 points. We had that again tonight. Love the leftovers. Tomorrow night we are having something with an Italian name but it has gnocchi in it which I find to be delicious. These delicacies are courtesy of Rachael Ray's 365 cookbook.

David just told me that he thinks the cat likes me more than him. That's just because I've busted in on her about a hundred times today. Plus I gave her some Fancy Feast tonight. He said she was in the crib this AM. Oooooooh. Bad kitty.

Anyway. That is all for now. Loving the spring break. I wish it was about 3 weeks long. Alas, I return to the salt mines on Monday to kids who went to Mexico and the Bahamas and the like and will be all tan and I will be white and pasty. As usual.

5 comments:

Jon said...

Yeah, I wish spring break was three weeks long too. I don't want to go back to school on Monday. Although, Jon said that sooner I get back the closer graduation will be. YIPPEE!!! Katie seems funny but only because she is not my cat and I am not dealing with issues she has. Hehe hehe.
Amanda

Jon said...

You should name the cat Re Re Jr.

Jon said...

...or maybe Chickity (China, the chinese chicken...)

Jon said...

... or maybe, Yoko Ono

Jon said...

Hi, Allison! It's Reatha, using Jon's computer. Just read about your new kitty. Congrats on her. I'm recouping from a week in Costa Rica on a church mission trip. Gotta hurry home and finish my grades for tomorrow! A2-n-J are in Asheville for the weekend, so I came over to feed (and pet) Twink.
Take care,
ra - sun - 1:15pm