Sunday, April 23, 2006

10 months "pregnant" !

So, today is our 10 month anniversary of our dossier being logged in at the CCAA--China Center for Adoption Affairs. We ate at Mama Fu's for lunch in honor of that milestone. Well, no, not really, we had to go to that shopping center anyway so we decided to go for some Chinese food while we were there.

Things are progressing on. No news to report. This weekend has been relaxing. I have 75 poetry projects sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to grade them--UGH. I also have a ton of other papers to grade. I'm getting ready to set up camp on the couch with some "Friends" DVD's and my purple grading pen. Can't wait for that.

Katie still will not let me touch her. She runs away if she catches me even looking at her so I have to ignore her most of the time that she's around. She sucks. No, not really. She's SO CUTE--she's just being a punk. Thank goodness I still have Louie to whore on me.

David bought some "Star Trek" DVD set at Best Buy yesterday and forced me to watch an episode. It was so cheesy. He got mad because I kept making fun of it. I got "Scream" for $9.99! We also found this big DVD set of "The Electric Company" that Maggie is SO getting when she's older. How cool is that?

I bought this children's book for Maggie at school this week. Some book company comes and leaves all kinds of junk in our workroom and you can order from them. The book I got her is called "Zen Shorts." I later discovered that Zen is a Japanese thing but oh well. Maggie can learn about ALL of Asia. It's a cute book and has 3 Zen stories condensed down for a kid. David liked that part.

Our homestudy update was ridiculously easy. I think it lasted all of 10 minutes. Long enough for Michele to find out that nothing has changed since last year other than the fact that we have a new kitty. She got Katie's vaccination records, took a look at Maggie's room and went on her way. We had a super clean house and a day stretching ahead of us since we had both taken it off. We headed up to the mall for lunch and some shopping. It was quite fun. I could do that every day, I think.

Barb called me this week to notify me that she and Rege bought the Alphabet Soup bumper pad for Maggie's crib. WOO HOO! That's majorly exciting. I can't wait to put it on the crib.

Well, I suppose that's it. Ugh, 5 day week this week. I mailed off our request to get our fingerprints re-done on Friday so hopefully we will hear about that soon. That's definitely worth another day off. Referrals might come this week. I am certain we will not be included but hopefully they will refer a decent amount of June. We shall see.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Silver Spoons rocked!! I wish they made a box set of The Wonder Years. My kids will only be allowed to watch Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, and Full House.