A bad decision
As the weather is getting warmer, finally, and I will start wearing skirts to work again, I decided that the pasty whiteness of my skin needed to be remedied. On the recommendation of a co-worker, I purchased Neutrogena Micro Mist self tanner. Instead of being a lotion, it's an aerosol spray, much like hair spray. Pretty easy to apply, I thought. So, I dutifully shaved my legs and used the exfoliating scrub this morning to prepare my legs for their deep, dark, tropical tan. I sprayed my legs down and gave them about 5 minutes to dry before putting on jeans. The can said it would take about 2 hours for any tan to show up. I checked when I was trying on clothes at Old Navy, but no tan had materialized yet. THEN, while at BJ's, I went to the restroom and discovered the grave error of my ways. Somehow, in the application of the aerosol self tanner, I had not sprayed large areas of my legs. So, now I have lovely tan stripes interspersed with the lovely whiteness of my skin. Nice. My feet are nice and brown though. Guess I'll see how much of the tan I can remove with the exfoliator tomorrow in the shower.
1 comment:
I know about 5 or 6 people who have tried self-tanner, all with the same result. I guess tanning salons are in business for a reason! ... and they call her the streak!!! :-P
Post a Comment