Thursday, April 13, 2006

Things of interest (perhaps only to me, though)

1. Today this lady told me I was lucky I was infertile. Well, first she asked me if I was pregnant. Uhhh, no. She told me she was infertile too! But she has two kids! But her uterus is a hostile environment! Like Monica on "Friends." That was the only interesting part of that conversation. I didn't really care about the rest of it.
2. When we were reading "So Far from the Bamboo Grove" aloud in class today, (well, I was reading it aloud because I could not bear to listen to the butchering of Japanese names any longer), this kid asked me what a bowel movement was. It was referenced in the text, if you must know. We were not having some random conversation about bodily functions. Although my students would probably enjoy that. My super-intelligent answer was, and I quote, "Doo-doo." Hopefully, he just wanted to hear me say that and really knew what a bowel movement was. Obviously, I am not teaching inferencing skills at ALL since the text also referenced a wooden tub for urine. Let's change this subject.
3. I got my first issue of "Adoptive Families" today. It's sorta boring. I'm glad I only paid 10 bucks for it. The only thing that David pointed out was that he did not like the projected most popular names for 2006--Kaden, Braden, Kaleb, etc. I do not enjoy crazy spellings of names in general. Maggie=Maggeigh. That's sick.
4. My kitty has to wear one of those stupid looking cone collars because she won't stop licking her belly where her female organs were removed. We're both infertile! Ha! She's kind of pitiful. They did not inject her with cuddly hormones like I requested though. She does have a microchip however. She has to use this special, non-sandy, cat litter since she was declawed too. It's called "Yesterday's News." That name cracks me up.
5. I am skipping church tonight. I was going to go and sing at the Maundy Thursday service but I was crabby after school, much like every day and decided I was going to come home instead. Well, first I went to Kimberly's and fed her cats, one of which I saw for the first time today since Monday. I also stole some Cheese Nips from her pantry. Those are superior to Cheez-its. I hate Cheez-its. Except for the white cheddar kind, which are delicious. Then I met David at the Clerk of Court's office (which is new since last time) so we could get our backgrounds checked again. I despise government offices. They are so hideously ugly. I would probably want to slit my wrists daily if I worked in a government office. Thank goodness none of our crimes showed up on our background checks.
6. My assistant principal brought us cake today for our grade level meeting. One kind was 5 flavor pound cake. What the hell is that? I didn't taste it. What if the 5 flavors were gross? I had some chocolate cake AND a slice of coconut cake. She told us we were a blessing. Yeah we are! She's very religious. She wears her wedding ring on one hand and a ring that looks like the Bible on the other hand. One time when I was meeting with her, she told me that she got addicted to Mafia movies and had to stop watching them. She also wears an Indiana Jones hat when she's doing bus duty in the morning.
7. Meredith has published a bunch of lies about how cool we used to be when we were kids on her blog Lawyerish. Do not believe them. Or be insanely jealous of the coolness. Please ignore the comment about me being a terrorist for Halloween in 6th grade. I bet that would go over REALLY well now, post 9/11. I've always wanted to type that but have never had a reason to. The post 9/11 part, not that I was a terrorist for Halloween, complete with ski mask, army coat and plastic Uzi. Yes, I had many friends in 6th grade.
8. I don't have school tomorrow for the "spring" holiday. Heh. We're going shopping. David's getting some new jeans as his do not cut it. I want some new clothes. I enjoy shopping much more now that I am a more normal size. A lot of my clothes don't fit right though and I don't really enjoy wearing them anymore.
I think I am done now. I can't think of anything else good to say. I'm taking Monday off for our homestudy update visit. Michele's coming at 10, so darn, I can't go to work! Oh well! 4 day weekend for me!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I tried singing "Secondhand News" by Fleetwood Mac but substituted "Yesterday's News" for those words. David said, "I'm glad you thought that was funny."