Bummed
I feel bummed out right now. Maybe it's the teenage angst novel I'm reading, I don't know, but I just feel blah. Today, this teacher at school asked me if we'd ever gotten our baby. NO. NO NO NO. Now, I'm not really good friends with this woman and probably haven't said more than 100 words to her all year, but honestly, do people think we're not going to say anything? Yes, sometime next year, we might let it slip that we went to China and brought home a baby.
I also emailed a bunch of parents today and basically told them that their kids don't know when to shut up. I'm tired of talking kids. Talkingtalkingtalking. That's all they do and my patience is about 1 second long right now. Here is something else I have a problem with. This week is the book fair at my school. Fun stuff, with the new books and maybe kids will be encouraged to read something, right? Well, they also stock all this other CRAP because it's what sells but it really pisses me off. Is it really necessary to have gigantic pencils ( that must be attempted to be used in class), pens with feather duster looking things on the ends (particularly good for waving in people's faces or tickling the backs of girls' necks to hear them scream) or these idiotic 12 inch long erasers (especially good for whipping other kids' legs)? I am so sick of all that crap being sold to the kids and then I have to deal with all that garbage in my classroom. It REALLY makes me mad. I should boycott the book fair. However, they got 50 bucks of my money this year so I have failed in my attempt at solidarity. Maybe I'll write a letter to Scholastic and berate them for their stupid merchandise and all the crappy books that they sell, the majority of which, I already own. Okay, digression over.
This mom is coming to observe her son during my first block tomorrow. It's because (and this is directly from an email she sent me), she "doesn't have any leverage over her kids but unannounced classroom visits allow her to have a leg up on what they're doing." Uh, why would you EVER admit that to anyone, much less your child's teacher??? I'm sure she's coming to see what I'M doing in class as it's definitely my fault that her son's grades aren't superior. I can't wait for that. I told somebody at work that if I was ever going to loop up with a bunch of kids, these would be the kids I would do it with. I'm not so sure about that. I also got mad at them today when they asked me if the novel we're going to start reading tomorrow was boring. I was like, duh, of course it is, because I always make sure to pick out the most boring books for you to read. I'm so sorry that my classroom is not a comedy routine all the time.
I have basically quit going in Maggie's room at this point because it just pisses me off. We were supposed to have already gone to China and come home. I am supposed to already be on maternity leave. I am supposed to be getting to take some freaking time off work. I have only missed 1 day this entire school year. Instead, we are getting our damn homestudy updated because it's about to expire, which includes getting $500 worth of physicals redone and getting our criminal background checks done again. I can't wait to see how much we're going to get charged for the actual homevisit. Our fingerprints are also about to expire (how fingerprints expire is a mystery beyond my comprehension) so we will have to get those done again to the tune of $140. UGH. And I am telling the same people over and over and over and over that no, we don't know anything and no, we can't do anything about it and no, I don't know when we're going to China. Period. The End.
Here's another picture of disgusting kitty love for you to enjoy!
1 comment:
Fantastic Tirade, I think a few more years in the classroom and then you should move on to be the education correspondent on the Daily Show where you can be paid (well, I might add) to berate these same children. You would be so great!!!! I know what you mean about the book setting the mood, sometimes a book or movie will leave me with days of questioning my own existence. Just tell people that Angelina Jolie took your baby and currently David will be in an Ultimate Fighting Championship with Brad Pitt to win the baby back. Then you and I will write the screen play and make millions, million I tell you!!!
Post a Comment