Lazy weekend
Our laptop is sick. It's at the Apple store getting fixed up so I am forced to post from the relative discomfort of a folding chair at the desktop computer. We've had a fun weekend otherwise. Well, Friday night, David fell asleep on the couch at
7:30 which was not very fun for me but then Saturday, we had our first family day since we got home! David had cross country practice that morning and let me tell you, I cannot wait for that damned XC practice to end. It was not a big deal when it was just me and I got to spend hours on the internet or watching TV in my pajamas but now that Maggie is here, I would like her to have some time with her daddy. But that is another story. Maggie and I took the opportunity of being at the house alone (since we are never here alone) to take a nap from 10-11:30. Because we are LOSERS. We woke up when David got home. Oops. We got ready and were off to the mall! We ate lunch at the food court, which was always delicious, even though Maggie shunned the fried shrimp I offered her. We walked around and let her look at the fountain. She wanted to dive head first into it, I think, but the mean parents made her hold our hands.
Ooh, water.
Trying to escape the clutches of Daddy.
Then we headed over to Joseph-Beth Books which has a large play area for kids and sent Maggie off into the wilds of interacting with other kids. No, not really, though she did snatch a train from a little boy. In this play area, they also have a rack of magazines like Us Weekly and People for the parents. Nice. We might have to go to Joseph-Beth every week. Then we tried some hats on Maggie which she DID NOT like. But we didn't care!
First, Daddy shall try the hat on.
I want to be Britney Spears for Halloween!
I hereby decree that hats are outlawed throughout the land.
Get it off of me!
Today. Ah, Sunday. I got up with such good intentions. We were going to go to church. Instead, we got up and ate breakfast and then, about 8:45, I got back in bed and woke up at 10:30 when David brough Maggie in dressed for church and asked me if she needed to take a nap since we obviously weren't going to church. I said yes and WENT BACK TO SLEEP. We slept until almost noon. LOSERS. Loser mom and her loser daughter. Sleeping all the time. I am going to be in for a rude awakening on November 20, when I go back to work. Argh! We braved Walmart, which sucked, but Maggie was very good and only put her mouth on the part of the cart not covered by the cart cover once. Then Maggie took another nap (I did not) and I decided she needed some exercise out in the driveway. She was not really a fan of this idea. Maybe she was still sleepy. Who knows. Or maybe it was because Mommy was standing there and not holding her.
Maggie doesn't nap in a very ladylike manner. I don't know why I didn't notice that her dress was hiked up like that.
I just want Mommy to hold me ALL THE TIME.
Poor sad baby.
I will have none of this walking!
I loathe my life. But Mommy still loves me. (whew, Mommy didn't put any makeup on today)
Oh yeah, we bought a pumpkin at Wally World and tried to get a nice "fall" shot. Um, no.
Get this thing away from me!
Do not walk away from me, do you hear? Come back!!!
I hate nature! Hate it! Take me inside!
Did you not hear me? Must I make yet another decree?
Pick me up!! Save me from the evil orange orb.
After that trauma, the only thing we could do was eat dinner in our pajamas--all of us. Heh. We are learnin' Maggie GOOD!
I hereby decree that only orange foods shall be consumed throughout the land.
Peaches, carrots, cheese. My life is complete.
6 comments:
Ya'll are too funny! I agree with the weekend thing when the hubby is gone - ick! Maggie's hair is getting so much thicker! What a cutie! Love the hats . . . even if she doesn't! 'Tis the season for orange foods. Jane
My favorite thing about this blog is Maggie's commentary. It is so awesome. Keep up the great work Allison!
Brooke
Funny, funny, funny. The queen hat was just pefect for your little Maggie.
Maggie NEEDS that queen hat.
I love the pumpkin series. Maggie is not a lover of autumn, apparently. Imagine if you took her apple picking -- she'd probably throw the apples at your head.
Peaches, carrots, cheese, and all that love. What else could a kid want? :-)
You are too funny!!! I just love all those little commentaries.
Post a Comment