Time to post a disjointed update
The best thing, I think, about living in a subdivision would be the community wide yard sales. Our neighborHOOD has them twice a year. My parents came up this weekend to participate in the fall sale. They dragged all kinds of loot up here from GA to make their millions. Actually, let me backtrack, my DAD dragged the loot. Mom came along to play with Maggie. My dad brought a bachelor's chest that he bought in 1964, a lovely mirrored picture with "Home Sweet Home" emblazoned on it and shockingly, an old t shirt of mine proclaiming me to be a member of the Colorado Coed Naked Ski Team. (Ski Rough, Tough and In the Buff was the motto). Let's see, my parents live about 5 1/2-6 hours away and my dad made a grand total of $27. Bwa! He even looked the part with his green pants, baseball cap and fanny pack. My dad, the Everyman. It was awesome. Kimberly and I did a little better but the stuff I always think will sell never does and the crap that I think no one will want gets snatched up first thing. For example, Kimberly had a framed drawing of Abe Lincoln. We were sure that was destined for the garbage. Nope. Got bought. Mom refused to participate, although she did have biscuits for us and kept Maggie out of the way. If they hadn't come up, there is no way I would have been able to do the yard sale. Maggie is a little more time intensive than I first figured.
Last week, I think I had my first experience living with a toddler and not a baby. No, Maggie can't walk yet. Well, not on her own. She'll walk like crazy if there's something to hold onto. Anyway, in the time it took me to go in the bedroom and get my running shoes, this is what happened.

Yes, she had gotten into the pantry (I can't believe the door was left open!), grabbed a box of ditalini pasta and proceeded to dump it all over the floor. It was hilarious. After I of course took pictures, I got the handy dandy wet/dry vac and sucked it all up.
Well, Blogger is not cooperating so I will have to post pictures later. Argh.
1 comment:
Naughty Maggie! She has decreed that all pasta belongs on the floor.
$27. HAHAHAHAHA!
I love your dad.
Post a Comment