Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I feel icky

but I shall post anyway. It took Maggie 2 days to get her first daycare cold but we Dimetapped her through it and now she's just a little snotty. Nothing major. She does appear to have some eczema-like patches on her skin. Maybe? I'm not really sure but they are REALLY dry. She passed her cold to my mom, my grandma, David and now me. Thanks a lot, baby.



Maggie got a dollhouse from some friends of my parents so she busily got to work assembling it. I wouldn't let her put the stickers on though. My parents got her some new closet shelves for Christmas and this wire rack to put blankets and sheets and junk in. She kept trying to "help" David and my dad assemble it but they didn't really want her help. At one point, they had gone out in the garage to do something and Maggie went in her room and very proudly came out with a screwdriver in hand.

Maggie's first Thanksgiving was nice. She wasn't super into the food except for the Pumpkin Spice Cake but she tolerated the sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes and dressing. She's not crazy about meat, unless it's really ground up.
After looking at my pictures, I apparently did not take any pictures during the actual Thanksgiving meal. So here's Maggie enjoying dessert.




We went to David's mom's that night for Thanksgiving #2. Maggie ate a little more there. She also enjoyed hanging out with her big cousin, Elizabeth and stealing toys from her little cousin (who is still older than her), Nicklaus.

Mom and I were at Target at 5:55 am on Friday. It was a mob scene in the toy and electronic sections but we mostly just went to look around. It was kind of fun. Hmm. Let's see. Saturday, we went up to the mall. Maggie had on pink which would have clashed with Santa's red so we didn't bother letting her sit with Santa.

Sunday was Maggie's baptism. It was sort of like a wedding but the bride had no clue what was going on. She also didn't care if her dress got wrinkled. Our pictures SUCK from the baptism but here are a few that turned out okay.




I look a bit crazed in that one picture but oh well. I know you're all looking at the baby anyway. Maggie was very good and even let the minister hold her and walk up the aisle with her. Then we had Mama Fu's catered for lunch which was very tasty and a beautiful cake made by one of my co-workers.


Then everybody left and we collapsed. Maggie slept for 2 1/2 hours in her stroller. The week has started off okay. Maggie had a little bit of a fit yesterday morning apparently but got over it. When I went to pick her up, her teacher was sitting on the floor and Maggie was all up in her face, like, "Hold me! HOLD ME NOW."
When I got to the daycare today, the owner (who we know) was spying on her through the window in her door so I spyed too. Then Maggie saw me and started bellowing so that was the end of that. She had a bit of an "accident" today and had on one of her spare outfits that is hideous. I didn't want to send her cute clothes to be spare outfits! I am really glad Maggie is at the daycare where she is. I feel totally comfortable with her being there and I think her teachers really care about her (and the other kids, of course). School is going fine. It's kind of fun being back at work even though there are all these stupid things we have to do, like this idiotic online gradebook program that takes about a day to load. I hate that part. But it's really good seeing my friends and even my students, for the most part. It feels like I was never gone, really.

I am so sorry this is not very interesting nor informative but I'm a bit doped up on Tylenol Cold. I might need to pull a David and go to bed right now at 7:58. We are going to get a Christmas tree this weekend. Since our house is miniscule, we have decided to put the tree in front of the front door. I hope our social worker comes by for a visit! I'm sure that's not a fire hazard. So if you want to come over, ring the doorbell and I'll open the garage door. Or you can jump the fence and come in the back door. Ooh! Ooh! "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is on! I must watch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love the daycare germs and how wonderfully they spread throughout the family. But the pictures of Maggie in her christening gown are stunning. Now, just imagine another white dress in many years....they don't pass that quickly, but quickly enough. Thanks for posting when you really didn't feel like it. Her fans were missing her.

Anonymous said...

isn't she lovely!?
and I'm calling the Christmas Tree police!!! can't wait to sing carols around the tree!! I saw a picture of a tree hung from the ceiling one time! Maggie will love it... she is so patient with us and our doings!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe your guests can just come in through the window. Hee. You need to send me the recipe for that pumpkin spice cake! It looks awesome.

Maybe Maggie has a future as an engineer, what with wielding a screwdriver at such an early age.

Jon said...

Sorry about some of those sucky pictures, I know I didn't do a good job, but I now completely understand your frustration with the delay on your camera, Maggie moves a lot and trying to get a shot of her is tough. Nevertheless, a good craftsman never blames his tools, I am just a bad photographer!