ugh.
My eye. It's still crusty and gross. Thank goodness I go to the doctor tomorrow. I even get to leave school early to do so. Nice.
I went to a writing workshop all day yesterday and today and I wrote the MOST rocking counterargument EVER while we were practicing our problem-solution writing skillz. Of course, it is at school so I can't share it with you. I will inform you that it contained the phrase "on the contrary." heh. I also had to sit with and near the most annoying people in the entire universe. The lady sitting next to me had to say, "MM-hm. Mm. Yeah. Yeah." in response to everything the speaker said. The people behind me talked and talked and talked the entire time the presenter was speaking. I almost stood up today and interrupted the speaker to tell them to shut up. Then another lady at our table had some kind of chronic throat condition which caused her to breathe like Darth Vader. And this OTHER lady had to say, "Question" everytime she raised her hand and was recognized. I was rather intolerant of people today. Thankfully Krystil was there too and she kept looking at me and I had to try not to laugh.
Miss Margaret continues to be fun. She tried to kiss 1 boy when she left school yesterday. He dodged her advances. Lately, she has become rather adamant about staying in the bath until the water becomes tepid and most certainly, uncomfortable. When I ask, "Are you ready to get out?" the arms cross, she looks away and the wailing begins. Last night I accidentally pinched her with the snap that attaches her pj top to her pj bottoms. You would have thought I was sawing off her foot or something.
We went to visit Maggie's 4 year old and almost 2 year old cousins this weekend. Maggie shocked me by actually playing with toys for a change. Then her Uncle Ronnie received an ice cream scoop for his birthday and she immediately appropriated it and began stirring plastic vegetables madly in a colander. Then she carried said scoop around for most of the day. At one point, Maggie fell down (like she does countless times a day) and began to express her displeasure. Elizabeth, the 4 year old cousin, came right over and said, "Oh honey, it's okay." We died laughing. Also, I was playing upstairs with Elizabeth and she wanted to know if I wanted to see her big girl panties. I agreed and she proceeded to take her pants all the way off. I told her she might get cold so she'd better put her pants back on. I could just see David's sister coming upstairs and finding me playing with her daughter who had no pants on. I guess it could have been me with no pants on.
I had to pack some more of Maggie's clothes up this weekend but not before I forced her to wear them one more time. Wearing high waters to daycare surely never hurt anyone.
Finally, David and I had this rather heated discussion in regards to this movie we received from Netflix last week entitled "Dead Alive." It was about zombies so I KNEW who had picked it. Not me. David alleged that I was the one who had picked it because he would never have picked such a dumb sounding movie. So I popped it in last night and as soon as I saw that the production company who made the movie was Wingnut Productions, I KNEW who had picked it. Peter Jackson of the much revered(by David) "Lord of the Rings" trilogy produced it. It must have been when he was about 12 because it was HORRIBLE. The blood budget for that movie must have been about a million bucks which used up all the money for everything else. David thought it was REAL funny though. I did not.
1 comment:
"I guess it could have been me with no pants on." That KILLED me.
"Question." God, people are annoying.
Post a Comment