Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sick and tired....tired and sick

First, a comparison.

Recall the mayhem in the bathroom in China.

Now, she can't wait!

And there's no more of this.

It's fun! It's fun!

Plus you can drink the water if you get thirsty.


Well, I stayed home from work today. I didn't want to do it but really, I felt terrible. I always feel so guilty when I miss work because I know it's a pain for everyone. Plus the language arts teachers were supposed to start this big writing class that involved mixing our kids up and teaching them different aspects of the writing process. So, I spent the majority of the day sleeping but I was sure glad to see my girl when David brought her home from school! I think I will be returning to work tomorrow but with Ricolas in hand! I can finally see another tooth poking through on the top part of Maggie's mouth! Yay! On Saturday, David has to go to Chapel Hill for the state indoor track meet so Maggie and I are going to go with him. Maggie needs her first Tarheel shirt. She got something from Converse (my alma mater) before Carolina. THAT is shocking. Maggie and I will not actually be in attendance at the track meet because....yawn. We are going to go to a mall during the meet. I'm excited! I think David thought I would not go but it will be something to do and something new for Maggie.

I got a package! What's in it?

A kitty! A kitty!

Get back in there, you...cat. I don't want you!


Nothing else has been going on. I've started filling out the paperwork for our 6 month post placement visit. I can't believe it's been almost 6 months! Of course, I can't find the copy of Maggie's physical examination in China which is VERY ANNOYING. I do not understand why we can't ever find anything relating to her adoption. I hate being disorganized, yet that is what I am.

I'll leave you with some pictures.
I'm not feeling creative so no captions. Sorry.




2 comments:

Kristi said...

Allison, even sick you continue to give me inspiration about being a first time mom! Thanks for the picture of Maggie screaming in her sink bath in China ~ Kylie hates it too. It's good to see that she will like bath time someday!

Jon said...

I cannot wait for you to show this blog to her boyfriend when she is 15, you will SOOOOOO kill her...