Blue
We all had a little trouble adjusting to Daylight Savings Time today. Maggie's schedule was very out of whack and she napped at a weird time and ate at weird times and did NOT want to go to bed tonight. If we survived jet lag coming back from China, this should be a cinch, though.
Yesterday, we went and picked up Grandma ReRe and went up to the mall. Maggie got her first pair of Keds--so cute! She wears a size 4 which is the smallest size in the non-baby shoes. She also got a new sunhat at the Gap. Then we went back to Grandma ReRe's for dinner. Maggie shoved approximately half of a grilled cheese in her mouth, gagged herself and threw up all over the place. The quote of the day by Grandma Grace was, "I guess she didn't like your dinner." I about died laughing. Then Maggie got to take a swim in Grandma's big tub and we laid out a blanket on the living room floor and she conked out. We even got to watch a movie which was nice. Today I cut the grass for the first time this year. I ran over a snake and saw another one. UGH. They were small, but still. Snakes. I hate Sundays. I think it's because I know I have to go back to work tomorrow and it's just a long, usually boring day. PapPap and Grammy Barb came out this afternoon for a while. It took Maggie about 1 minute to get over her shyness and start demanding that they read her "Ten Little Ladybugs" for the millionth time. I finally hid her Baby Signs book because if I read it aloud one more time, I might scream. Maggie does know the signs for ball, hat, telephone, eat, drink, dog and flowers now though. I am currently reading "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult and it really is a heartbreaking book. I don't know if I think it's sad because I'm depressed or if it's making me depressed because it's sad. I'm glad I'm going to the "doc" tomorrow because I just can't get myself out of this state that I'm in. It really is one of the most horrible feelings in the world, kind of like you're down at the bottom of a very deep well. You know there's some light up there someplace but you have no idea how you're ever going to get up there to it. Sometimes you can see the light a little bit but when it goes away, you feel more hopeless than ever. It sucks. I also feel very guilty that I feel this way because I know it's hard on David.
I talked David into going to the grocery store with me tonight. (Maggie went, too). It was fun because David always looks at the most improbable things and I have this little flash like, "Oooh! Maybe he's going to buy that!" But then he never does. Like Caribou Coffee granola bars. I did get these little Entenmann's cakes that David's grandma calls "GOBS." I love that name. David says they're called that because it looks like you took a gob of stuff and threw it in the pan. Gob is starting not to look like a word.
Before I add some pictures, let me just say to anonymous that thinks that I am a mean cat mommy (which I am and I don't care.) Katie is not only freezing and dying of loneliness, but she's also out in our snake infested backyard!
We had another movie star sighting! Whew. I wish that star would pay her assistant more so she could get some makeup and perhaps a hair stylist.
Chillin'.
The first swing of spring.
Miss Uncooperative and her favorite parents trying to get a picture for our 6 month post placement paperwork.
2 comments:
I am sooo glad that we aren't the only ones suffering from the time change! You'd think that surviving the 13 hour shift from China would make Daylight Savings a breeze, wouldn't you?
>>>let me just say to anonymous that thinks that I am a mean cat mommy (which I am and I don't care.) Katie is not only freezing and dying of loneliness, but she's also out in our snake infested backyard!
I.love.you.
LOL!!
Your blog is the best! I love, love, love witnessing your never-ending-constantly-growing love for 'lil Maggie. I wish you could live closer to me and be my friend. Oh the laughs we'd have!
Marissa
Post a Comment