Guess I should update a bit
Well, this weekend, we all headed down to Callaway Gardens for my grandmother's 90th birthday/family reunion. It really was a lot of fun and Maggie got to meet the rest of the family. There were lots of little cousins for her to emulate but I don't think she's quite old enough to be following them around yet. My cousin Carrie who has a 3 1/2 year old and a 2 year old kept telling me, "This is stage 4. Something to look forward to," when her daughter had an accident at the dinner table or knocked her glass of milk over. Heh. Maggie is still in Stage 2, I guess, which mostly involves flat out refusing to sleep in the pack n play, thus requiring all of us to sleep quite cozily in a double bed. UGH. Luckily, we had brought the computer and there was internet access so I was able to get some browsing done in the middle of the night. I didn't realize quite how much Maggie flails around in her sleep. At one point, she was up on her hands and knees crawling and she kept banging her head into the headboard. All while sleeping. It was mostly a relief to get up in the morning. Because of the lack of sleep at night, though, I got to take a couple of glorious naps in the TV room that had no windows and about a 70 inch TV.
David and I made some selections on our new house and we have not done one thing to prepare for packing up our current house. NOTHING. Oh well, there's still time for that. We close in less than a month. Whatever. Also, I was looking at some paperwork relating to the sale of the house and the people who bought it own a rental company. I don't want our little house to be a rental house! We worked so hard in the yard and it looks so nice inside. Wahhhhh. That gives me the teeniest bit of pause in relationship to moving. Stupid change.
This weekend is my 10 year college reunion and WOO HOO, I cannot wait. It is going to be so much fun. It will also be David and Maggie's first daddy/daughter weekend! I was talking to my roommate from college, Leslie, tonight and she thought perhaps she should plan some things for us to do on Friday night. I shot that down. I know what I want to do. Eat. Talk. Some other stuff. Talk. Eat. I am also taking Friday off so Kimberly, Emily and I can go to the Pancake House for breakfast first! Yay!
I guess that's all that's going on in my boring life. Here are some pictures of Maggie with big hairbows for your viewing pleasure.
Oh, and here's the lot where we're building our house. And some random fat arse. Oh, no, that's me.
Apparently I didn't know I was in either of these shots.
But we liked the tree, although the builder made sure to tell us that if it fell over, they weren't responsible for it. Okay.
I don't what's going on here. Hanging out in the driveway in our pajamas, I guess. As usual.
See why 3 of us in a double bed was not such a great idea?
3 comments:
Maggie looks like such a big girl with her pigtails! And that is a very nice tree.
You should just have the movers pack all your stuff up. That rules.
Thank heavens, wasn't sure where you had gone but was missing updates here. So how long will it take to build this house that the tree could crush? ;p Love the double bows! Congrats to your grandmother on her 90th!
Dude, I cannot wait to see the treehouse that David build's maggie in that kick ass tree. Have fun at your 10 year reunion. Love & Miss all Three of you!
Post a Comment