Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

Gosh, I have a lot to update. Spring break is over and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Blahhhh. I do have a workday instead of regular school so that's good, at least. Last week, while my parents were here, we painted David's and my bedroom, my bathroom, the guest room and the hall. Everything looks really nice now. We're probably going to put our house on the market soon but since we painted, it looks so good that maybe I don't want to! Nah, just kidding.

I forgot to write that last Saturday, ReRe and I went to Northlake Mall with Miss Maggie. We had a good time but Maggie loves to try to play everyone so she can be carried everywhere instead of riding in her stroller. Hmm. That mall has a big play area for kids so we took Maggie in there for a while. This little girl who was the same age as Maggie kept coming over and trying to kiss Maggie, which Maggie did NOT like. My pictures didn't turn out great but here are a couple.
Sizing up the situation by a giant eraser.

This would have been a cute picture if Maggie didn't have the gigantic red eye.

The mall had a bunch of rocking chairs in one area. Maggie tried them all out.


Let's see...on Friday, we went to Concord Mills. I think I might not like that mall. They do not have enough bathrooms. Since Maggie came along, bathrooms make a BIG difference between me liking or disliking places. I went in the "family" bathroom and ran into about 10 moms, all with gigantic strollers, trying to get to ONE changing table. Then I had to walk about a thousand miles to another bathroom where a mom was breastfeeding by the changing table and had her diaper bag and changing pad and all that junk all over the table. I had to ask her to move her stuff and she got mad at me. I tell you what, if I was breastfeeding Maggie, there is no way in the world I would be feeding her while I was standing in the corner of a public bathroom. UGH. Maggie got a new bathing suit with cherries on it and a few (okay, 9) things at Gymboree. Maggie also had her first ride on the carousel there. She wasn't too crazy about it. I ended up holding her while we went around. She did not like the horse going up and down. I would have heaved myself up on the horse but I was afraid I would go pitching off the side if I tried to do that while I was holding Maggie. We then went to Toys R Us, which also had a disgusting bathroom. I did have a nice conversation with another mom in there about why kids want to always touch nasty stuff, like the potty seat on the wall or the Diaper Champ. EW. Maggie did get a wagon while we were there though. We were going to get her a sand and water table but they didn't have the one we liked. The wagon is going to be for the beach this summer because I am not carrying a salty baby with a diaper full of sand back from the beach. The mere thought gives me chills. Plus we will probably need to take an arseload of stuff down to the ocean anyway.

Okay, Saturday. We didn't do too much yesterday. We were going to make a family trip to Walmart but Maggie conked out so I got to go by myself! That was ultra exciting. It also got REALLY cold and when we woke up, it was 59 degrees in our house. HA! We decided we'd better turn the heat back on. Maggie decided that even though it felt like winter outside, she wanted it to be summer, so she tried on her sandals over her sleeper.
I am very stylish, no?

Check me out. This looks good!

Okay, no, it doesn't! Take them off now!


Then, Maggie and Daddy jammed to a DVD of a Rush concert. Maggie enjoyed David's air guitar immensely.

Rush RULES!

Rock on!

Oh kitty, my darling. At last we are alone together.


Okay, this is taking too long. Why do I have to type so doggone much? So, this morning, Maggie made my blood pressure jump up into the stratosphere when she WOULD NOT cooperate with me while I was trying to take a picture of her in her Easter dress. Surely I am not the only person in the world with a child who will not look at the camera EVER.
I'm not looking. Not looking!

If I smile, can we be done with this?

MOM. Don't get mad!

Mommy got mad.

I'm done! Save me, Daddy!

Look, Mommy. I can copy the face you're making.

The Easter Bunny didn't bring this! Grammy and PapPap gave this to me.

No candy?


Maggie is currently asleep on the floor in front of the television because she would not settle down and go to sleep in her crib. I am beginning to fear her as she gets older. Last week, she wanted my mom to carry her in Target and Maggie is getting entirely too heavy to be lugging around stores. I made her sit in the buggy and she screamed and stood up in the seat. I picked her up by her thighs and sat her back down. She picked up these plastic bowls I was buying and flung them all over the place, screaming and crying. It was extremely dramatic. Then the other night, she didn't want to sit in her high chair and she screamed and screamed. We got her out of it but she didn't want to stand up either. She crawled up in the chair next to me and yelled for 10 minutes. Then I decided to give her a bath where she screamed so hard she made herself throw up. Then I gave her 2 teething tablets and David lotioned her up and she was fine. And she ate 4 bites of applesauce for dinner. Random.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Mom and Dad went with me to pick Maggie up from school last week and when they email me the pictures they took, I'll put them on here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her Easter dress! It is so cute. I had so much trouble getting pictures of AnnaClaire in her Easter dress, too. You aren't alone! By the time our "photo shoot" was over, she was screaming! I find it easier to do outside, because she loves being outside (of course with this cold weather, it's not ideal.) Maggie is so cute!!! Oh and lastly, we were at Cracker Barrel the other night, and all of a sudden I realized that AnnaClaire was licking the changing table she was laying on- ew! I guess it's just a little kid thing! Concord Mill's doesn't have very many bathrooms, now that I think about it. They are big though so they need more than 1 changing table!

M said...

You are not alone. We had to say other kid's names to get Maura to look at the camera. Geesh and we are not even into the Terrible Twos. God please help me then! Happy Easter. Hope to talk to you soon!

Kristi said...

Beautiful Easter dress! And it took me about 35 shots to get a good one of Kylie in her dress...
I have the same feelings about the Mills, not enough bathrooms, too much noise ~ Kylie hated it there!
And be glad the kid trying to kiss Maggie was at the mall and not at your church nursery. All Kylie has to do is see that little boy and she goes into orbit! Someday I'm sure she'll stay...