Sunday, May 27, 2007

Big fun

We are here in north Georgia visiting Brooke, Jeff and Emma! We are having such a good time. Emma and Maggie were in Lianjiang together and are just 4 days apart in age. When we were able to ask the orphanage director questions in China, he told each of us separately that Maggie and Emma were buddies in the orphanage. I was so glad to see all of them. I suspect this post will be stuffed full of pictures so prepare yourself. First, let me back up to the past week. As our house sold in 1 day, we jammed our entire home into a 12'x16' POD and still had to take a whole bunch of junk to David's mom's. My mom and dad came up and helped us majorly.

Living the high life.


Kimberly and Mark came over to help last Saturday and caught me at a yard sale! Whoops. I scored a slide for Maggie for a buck even though I was supposed to be packing things, not buying more stuff. We have lived with Rege and Barb for a week now and it's going well, I think. Maggie is acting rather skittish around Cousy but we've given her a week and now we're kind of forcing her to be around him. We all went on a long walk yesterday which I think about killed Cousy but we had a good time anyway. Maggie waved to her many (invisible) subjects.

Mother. Please let me finish my reading before we go on a walk.

Hello, all. It is I, Maggie.

Stupid subjects. Off with all their heads.

Yeah, NOW you'll wave at me.

Okay, fine. No beheadings today.


Our grand plan was to leave at 9 this morning. At 10, we rolled out of the driveway. Maggie slept for approximately 85% of the drive. I slept for 10% of the drive. David did not sleep any. We checked into our hotel and Maggie was a little bit loopy from riding in the car for 5 hours so we let her run around for a bit. Then, Emma arrived! She and Maggie weren't quite sure what to make of one another at first. We revisited our days in China and let the girls run around the hotel room a bit.

Hey. Here I am! Emma! Emmaemmaemma.

That girl got close to me!

We shall share the Little People and become friends.


After we all went to dinner, we went up to Jeff's parents' house up in the mountains to spend some more time together. Their house is at the top of a mountain and is beautiful! They have a huge deck and Brooke had just happened to have brought a swimming pool!

Splash, splash! This is fun!

I love this, Mommy!

This rules.

Emma is the more modest of the two, as you can see.

OOOH! Emma took her shirt off! And I don't think all those bubbles are from her splashing!

This is where we're living next, right, Mommy?


Look, little girl. That's MY daddy. Get off.

And what would you little girls like for Christmas this year?

I think I smell something.

Is it you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!!!v We saw your car at Ruby Tuesday's, but decided not to come in. What fun for all of you. The girls are long lost friends, as well as the mommies.

mom

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Emma and Maggie are SO cute together!!!!!!! Love all the pictures!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Allison, what a very pretty girl! Looks like fun...and makes our wait seem worth it!

Emily

Kristi said...

Glad you got to visit with Maggie's Lianjiang sister! We've loved reuniting with some of Kylie's sisters too! I must say that I'm glad Kylie isn't the only one with parent jealousy issues...

Jon said...

fyi, I now have the "no beheadings" picture on my desk at work.... I love that little girl. How is Sweetgum Lane?