No pictures, sorry
I can't find the camera. I think it must be with David at a track meet. Maggie looked super cute today in a dress from her newest batch of handmedowns. She bit a kid at daycare today. Nice. I didn't get an incident report though like I did when she got bitten a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what that's about. Her teacher asked me if she had tried to bite us as home. I told her no but she did scratch the crap out of my leg last night. I said, "OUCH." Maggie cried. She doesn't like loudness. Her teacher said she cries when a loud truck goes by the daycare. I fear my daughter may be a little bit of a weenie. A teeny weenie! Heh. Anyway.
I have been staying a little bit late at school each day so I can get my grading done on my students' poetry projects. SIGH. Why do I continue to assign that project? It takes me forever to grade. Well, not as long as it did last year because I let it hang over my head for about a month before I even looked at one portfolio. I've been a little more on the ball this year. I did find some poetry tests on my desk from early March one day this week. Hmm. What to do with those? I left a little bit early today so I could go to Target and buy season 2 of "90210." My life is almost complete. Then I went to get Maggie. We came home and I don't know what we did. Probably drank some apple juice (her) and ate Cheez-its (me). Incidentally, I told one of my students today that you get to have all kinds of good junk when there's a kid at your house. She was making fun of me for eating Iced Animal Crackers. Well, whatever, they are good! And they're shaped like Shrek! Back to my story. I noticed that there were approximately 1 million dead ants in front of the fridge. Gross, but at least they're dead. I got out the vacuum and started sucking them up. The vacuum is almost deafening but it didn't seem to bother Maggie. Faker. THEN I noticed that ants were practically POURING out of the thing that covers the edge of the carpet and the edge of the "wood" floor in our kitchen. I don't know what that's called. I vacuumed them up and more came out. Then I pulled the dry sink out and there was a DUM DUM under there that was completely covered in ants. Sick. I hurled it out in the yard--why it couldn't go in the trash, I don't know--and then I looked everywhere for ant spray. There was none.
I already had on a t shirt and shorts so I stuffed myself into some jeans that mysteriously shrunk, stuffed Maggie into some sandals that were too small and we headed out to Food Lion. I could not find ant spray in that place for the longest time but finally I happened upon it and bought the econo-size. Then this rather large woman was standing in line behind me and she was COMPLETELY invading my space. Her stomach kept bumping my arm. EW. I gave her an evil look. She did not care. She needed to get that bottle of cooking oil home so she could fry up something. Then we came BACK home and I put my shorts back on. We ate dinner and I tried to read my new Us magazine but I kept getting distracted. Maggie fed herself a whole cup of blueberry applesauce all by herself tonight. That was pretty awesome but necessitated a bath.
Tonight while I was rocking Maggie, I put my arms on the arm rests and she reached over and put my hands back around her belly. Awwww. So sweet. There is this little pillow in the rocker that she usually puts on my chest since I guess it's not poofy enough. Poor baby's mama has a bony chest. I guess that is all the news for now. I took all these stupid artsy-fartsy pictures of the hotel room from last weekend. They looked cooler in my mind than they turned out. I'll save those for another day, I guess.
1 comment:
Aww. Snuggly baby. I wish I could give her a hug right now!
Post a Comment