Here we go....
Okay, I have a lot of pictures to upload and not really that much to write about but I will do my best because I know you all come here to read my sparkling wit as well as view my professional-like photos. Let's start with Saturday. On Saturday, we went on about a 50 mile walk with Maggie in the wagon and Cousy in tow. As we walked, the sky began to get gray. Then it got grayer and grayer and then it started pouring. David didn't know where we were so we took shelter under a tree. I know, I know, not safe, but it wasn't thundering. Just raining. This very nice lady yelled across the street that we could wait it out in her garage and she even brought a towel to dry off Miss Maggie. Maggie had on the "Don't talk to me" face and just looked at the woman. Finally, we got home and Cousy collapsed. I think I did too. Maggie took a moderate nap and then we decided to go to the mall for a bit. I decided to look for another bathing suit for Maggie as she only has one that fits. The two 12 month ones that she has cause her to have some posture problems since her torso has grown quite a bit in the past 9 months. Okay. Why are there no bathing suits in stores? It is JUNE. There should still be bathing suits.
I am not buying a bathing suit like this for my 1 1/2 year old. Look at the top! Ugh. Plus, it was $24.50. RIGHT. Gymboree, you have failed me. I went on to the next kids' store in my search. The Children's Place has nothing. I hate that place. I'm never shopping there again. I'll be darned if I put my baby in a string bikini. Please do not be offended by my low opinion of TCP. It's just not my style. Except, I lied. I'll be back this winter for some sleepers because I surely do love those.
David wanted to go to Apple so I headed over to Pottery Barn Kids. We should not have gone in there. But, you know, Maggie has to go to stores to play with toys because she doesn't have any at home.
Mommy, may I have this? I promise I'll do the dishes every night.
Ohhhh, look at this little stroller! I would love to have a stroller to put my baby doll in!
Maybe if I cook a nice dinner, they'll let me have this kitchen!
I'm stirring. Hush.
Can't you see how much I want this? PLEASE.
A fit of gargantuan proportions occurred when we left PBK without the kitchen. There was much wailing. Then Maggie wouldn't hold our hands out in the mall and sat down on the floor and SCREAMED. It was extremely funny. I saw all these parents giving me sympathetic looks. I was thinking, "Oh, you just don't know."
We did Father's Day on Saturday night because Rege and Barb left for the beach on Sunday. I do not think I have said anything about our living with them for the past month but so far, I am having a good time. I don't know if they are having a good time but they have been gracious about letting us spread all of Maggie's plastic detritus from one end of their house to the other. Rege also bought Maggie a blaze orange baby pool. She could use it for a deer stand in the fall. David got a wallet for Father's Day. Mostly because Maggie placed her order with Amazon late and the rest of her presents have not arrived yet. She hasn't learned yet that you need to be careful about when you order!
On Sunday, we got up and ate cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera and those are the best things in the whole world. I could eat them everyday. I don't know what we did that morning besides not go to church but after lunch, we rolled out to the Comic Book Convention! YES WE DID. We drove all over downtown Charlotte looking for the "right" place to park. Finally, we found a spot and headed up to start looking for our comic books! My first sign that this might in fact be a nerd convention was the girl with the "Vader was FRAMED" t shirt (um) and the women dressed like KLINGONS. THEY WERE DRESSED LIKE KLINGONS. David explained to me that first you have to walk the whole convention and then go back and start shopping. I had the job of pushing the stroller. There were lots of action figures and lots and lots and lots of comic books. I don't know how anyone finds anything at a comic book convention. David had to explain the difference between Bronze and Silver Ages. I don't remember what they are now. I saw this dude there that had a backpack made of duct tape and floppy disks wired together. Also, there were a frightening number of people carrying around swords and light sabers. I didn't want to be staring too much in the event someone challenged me to a duel. There was also a guy dressed like the Invisible Man from "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." (thank you, Wikipedia). His entire head was bandaged and he was wearing sunglasses. How insane.
Here's Maggie and Daddy with the Silver Surfer.
I tried not to smile but Maggie dumped most of a cup of juice all over herself so I had to smile. Or cry.
I'm going to make another post now because this is very long. Stay tuned for part 2. (see below)
7 comments:
Why does she wear water shoes in a pool? Slipping and falling down is fun!
KBC
This post made me snort. Between the tantrum and the nred convention description... woo. Now I must continue watching Matt Lauer's interview with the hott Princes of Wales.
Kimberly
Ditto on the cinnamon crunch bagels from Panera. Heaven.
Also, Comic Book convention? You couldn't come up with an excuse to get out of that one?
Leslie
Best entry ever.
Vader was framed. BAHAHAHA.
You sound like us about the string bikini! We were just in the Gymboree Outlet at Concord Mills, and they had some really cute bathing suits. Oh and you are right about the Children's Place. They do have THE BEST sleepers, though. Maggie is so cute. Love the pictures at PBK!!
Oh, PBK - I do love that place and I do love that kitchen, but I do not love their prices.
As far as bathing suits, try Target! They have some really cute ones....
Maggie's pouty lower lip got some play on my blog... she's a superstar!
Post a Comment