Saturday, June 23, 2007

To tide you over (til I can get to a Starbucks)

We leave for the beach today! A week of sitting on the sand, relaxing, reading, a little swimming, napping and shopping. Oh wait. That was last year. I suspect this year is going to be a bit different. A year ago today, the CCAA website was updated to let us know we had made the cut and we were, indeed, going to receive a referral in that month's batch. If you look back at my archives, you can see that I spent a rather leisurely June 23. Now I'm trying to keep Maggie from making the hole in my beloved 14 year old Umbros bigger. Crazy changes in just one year. Anyway, I didn't get on here to wax philosophical about the past year. I'll do that another day. Also, David has turned on Maggie's "Alphabet Pal" which I NEVER turn on because it's so annoying so now she is a bit distracted.

I love this water table! Maggie has the giant mosquito bites to prove it.

Another great picture opportunity lost because of an uncooperative subject.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I simply cannot believe I came out here with only a diaper on!

Where are my clothes?


In other news, our final selections have been made on our new house and hopefully, they will break ground on it this week while we are gone.

Interesting, I know.

I think the days of it taking me 2 hours to cut the grass are over.


So, we will be gone for the next week and a half, however, I know of a Starbucks not too far from our beach house that I will probably make it to a couple of times so you can see what Maggie thinks of sand and the ocean. I suspect it might not be pretty at first. Have a good week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! She is just so adorable...
Enjoy your stay at da beach!

XO-Beth

Anonymous said...

Remember when Maggie's mommy strippeddown to nothing to get ion the baby bathtug sitting in the front yard?

Anonymous said...

Correction...Remember when Maggie's mommy stripped down to nothing to get in the baby bathtub in the front yard?

We sound like a real bunch of rednecks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to next week - where there will be nothing but relaxation! Hunt down where Mr. G's moved so we can get ice cream - just hope that the power doesn't go out right before Kimmie orders - you know that makes her so happy! See you Saturday!

Reagan