Monday, June 25, 2007

She loves it!



BEACH! Let's go! Come on!

David is a better parent than I as he will actually sit in the sand with Maggie. I did drag my beach chair down there to sit with them. But that was as close as I got.
Last night as we were leaving for dinner, I told Maggie to come on so she picked up her cup and slung her purse over her shoulder. Ready to go!
Nothing like sharing a banana and a good game of Civilization with your daddy.

We are having a very good time so far. We've been to our favorite pizza place, the outlets and the mall. Oh yeah, and the beach! We bought a waterproof disposable camera yesterday and I took some pictures while we were out in the ocean today so when I get them developed, I'll scan them in and post them. We had a huge thunderstorm this morning so we decided to take it easy and go to the mall for a while. We ate lunch and shopped around for a while. Then we saw this little area with "rides." Now, Maggie does NOT like to sit in them if they're actuallly on but she wanted to sit in each one numerous times. Then, when it was time to leave....

I am NOT going to hold your hand, Mommy!

Do NOT pick me up!

I want to staaaayyyyyyyy. Pleeeeeaaaaaasssssse!


Then, we found this outside! Big fun!




And yeah, we were bad parents and let her get wet in her clothes. But we had a spare outfit in the diaper bag (for a change) so she was all snuggly and dry in no time. Then she got her diaper changed on a bench in Books a Million because I couldn't find a bathroom.

Maggie LOVES being out in the ocean! Yesterday was her first time swimming and her first time in the ocean. After we jumped the first wave, she signed, "MORE!" It was awesome. I don't know any other gossip at this time. One year ago tomorrow, we got the phone call that changed our lives immeasurably. Okay, I just spilled coffee on the laptop. Whoops. No more cheesiness tonight. Enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that second to last picture! She is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your relaxing time at the Acorn. Cathy and I are experiencing frustration!

Maggie looks precious, as usual, and it looks like she's enjoying herself!

Leslie

Kristi said...

I can't wait until we get Kylie to the beach! I'll have to watch Maggie's reaction until then...

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!

Kristi