Quickie
We headed to my hometown this weekend for a quick visit with my family and for a walk to raise money for playgrounds at Vietnamese orphanages. If it wasn't such a pain to do links on my blog with a Macintosh computer, I would link you to Meredith's blog. But if you click on 'Lawyerish' on my sidebar, it will take you directly to her.
Anyway, we had birthday part #2 and Maggie had a very cute ladybug cake made by my mom. She now has more pots and pans than I do as well as a grocery cart AND a pink tutu. Meredith also made a beautiful photo album with the pictures she's taken of Maggie over the past year. That was more for me than Maggie, although I have allowed her to look at it from a distance.
Maggie didn't seem to mind being stuck in her carseat for a large portion of the weekend except for when we were 5 minutes from home today and she had a screaming meltdown that was brought on by her sock being on the floor rather than on her hand. I don't know. She learned two new words this weekend: buffalo, pronounced FUH-lo and pop it, which is what her hair clips do when you put them in. I love to hear her say "Pop it!" It's so funny. Tonight she went right to bed and I rocked her for
.0000002 seconds before she wanted to be IN the bed.
Tomorrow it's back to the old grind but I think I'm ready for work for a change. This is the first time in a long time that I haven't felt a sense of dread about going back to work.
1 comment:
I am so happy you don't dread going to work... that makes life very different because you spend 60% of your waking hours there, you should be happy right?
Post a Comment