Sunday, October 28, 2007

200th post and wedding bells

This weekend we attended the wedding of David's cousin, Jon and his fiancee (now wife), Amanda. David and Maggie had starring roles as the best man and flower girl, respectively. Unfortunately, my pictures mostly stink. Friday night we went to the rehearsal and dinner which was fun. It was not without stress as I had a conference at school that I had forgotten about and didn't get home until almost 4:45. We were supposed to leave at 4:30. Nice. We arrived mostly on time. The rehearsal dinner was a good time. It was at a bar and grill kind of place and Southern Comfort was hosting a party on the upper level. David's aunts and uncles went to see what it was all about and Maggie scored a hat.

Appropriate, no? The best thing about having a kid is that you have an excuse to leave parties when you're ready to leave and people can't accuse you of being a party pooper. David had the bachelor's party afterward which I did not attend. It sounded like they were having fun down there though.
WOW. This blog entry is super boring. Saturday was the wedding and we went and I did Elizabeth's hair and she and Maggie did a great job and the wedding was beautiful and Maggie was much better behaved up at the front of the church than when she came back and sat with me. This is the quality of most of the pictures I got.
If I was one of those bloggers who writes all about her kids but refuses to put their pictures on their blog, this would be a perfect picture. But since I'm not, this picture pretty much sucks.



These are a little better. They had a red velvet cupcake wedding cake with a kind of present looking top layer. Maggie ate a cupcake and then last night woke up crying at 2:30. She had thrown up in her bed. Blah. Then she puked a couple of times in our bed and then decided that she might be hungry. I don't know about y'all, but throwing up always makes me feel hungry. I gave her a banana which she threw up all over our new carpet. Sigh. It sort of looked like a horror movie in our bed what with the um, redness. We did find out that "100 Scariest Movie Moments" (or something like that) was on at 4:00 in the morning so we watched that but we made Maggie lay down and David put his feet up on the coffee table because we felt like it wasn't quite appropriate for a 2 year old to be watching. Then we watched an infomercial for a set of TimeLife CD's entitled "Soft Rock." I was very intrigued.

I'm starting to feel blue again. I don't know if it's post-move or what but ugh. I hate these feelings. They make me want to go out and spend a whole lot of money. Speaking of, I pulled out all of Maggie's clothes that I bought for her last winter to wash them. Unfortunately, I grossly overestimated how much she was going to grow and I think they're all going to be too big. I kind of hate school right now. I told David that I didn't want to go to school tomorrow and he asked me if I ever want to go to school. I don't think I do. I'm tired of kids with horrible attitudes and kids who don't do their work and kids who copy other kids' work and kids who complain all the time. Wow, I think I just described myself! I'm just having trouble getting motivated to do much and the other teachers and I made all these grand plans and they never came to fruition and that is so frustrating.

I bought a steam cleaner today at Big Lots. That place, my friends, is hell on earth. I was in the only open checkout lane behind 3 people. Lady #1 was buying a curtain that wasn't in a package and so they had to go find out how much it was. Finally, an employee came back and said it was $2.50. Then the lady had to decide. Are you kidding me? Decide on a $2.50 curtain? Lady #2 was buying all these HIDEOUS Halloween decorations that mostly involved plastic skeletal hands and a lot of ripped gray cheesecloth. She paid with a check, which took forever. Who pays for anything with a check anymore? Well, except for my dad. Lady #3 paid for her 20 dollar purchase with a hundred dollar bill. Of course the register did not have enough change. I thought I might scream by the time I got out of there with my big old box of steam cleaner.

I am registered for NaBloPoMo where I will post every single day in the month of November. I have no idea what I'm going to write about but as I told my mom, I certainly can't give a rundown of my day everyday for a month. That might even be too boring for me.

Maggie is going trick or treating on Wednesday with David. She's going to be a UNC cheerleader. Go Tarheels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We must have both had bad shopping mojo this weekend. I would have wanted to kill that woman at Big Lots.

Red velvet puke....eww.

She shor was a cute flower girl, though!

Jon said...

Three of the most gorgeous girls in the world. Thank you Maggie for being the second most talked about girl at the wedding!

Love, Cousins Jon + Amanda