Well, that was fun
I hate when I let my blogging fall by the wayside because by the time I get around to writing again, too much has happened and my blog posts either turn into a giant laundry list of all the stuff we've done or I barely write anything because it's just too overwhelming to write it all down. But, we did have a good time at my parents' house and wow, did it go by fast.
Maggie rejected staying in the nursery last Sunday during church so we just brought her along with us. The choir was doing their musical offering so Maggie had music to listen to. However, I could hear the people sitting behind us laughing as Maggie tried to jam a plastic lamb in David's ear and I worried that we were being a distraction. David took her out for a "talk" and she came back, very much chastened.
During her nap, David and I put her new trike together--the Rock, Roll and Ride XL tricycle, to be exact. I guess it's XL because Maggie's feet don't touch the pedals yet. Luckily, it has a little peg for her feet to rest on while we push it. When she got up from her nap, she saw the put together tricycle in the bonus room and said, "Oooooh! BIKE!" We went ahead and gave it to her. I figured she didn't really know what was going on this year either. OH MY GOODNESS, could my pictures take any LONGER to load? Everything's on Flickr.
Christmas morning was lots of fun. Maggie barely acknowledged her kitchen and oh yeah, David and I had kind of a disagreement, shall we say, the night before while we were trying to get it put together. We went through her stocking and she got this set of chopsticks with a little rubber girl attached to the top of them so she can use them to eat with. She did not like it when my dad made the chopsticks walk towards her. I love stockings. I think I would be perfectly happy with a stocking ful of surprises. She did finally warm up to her kitchen and it talks, which I did not realize when I got it for a good deal the day after Thanksgiving. Oh well. As my friend Jane says, "Sometimes, batteries just die."
I think I need to stop there for now. My lack of picture posting has driven me crazy and I don't know how to get slide shows on my blog.
But a bit of news: I wore sweatpants to the mall today. Admittedly, we were on the way home from LG, so we were still in Georgia when this fashion tragedy occurred. Hopefuly, Stacy and Clinton were not following me around the mall with their mini-cam. And, David received his first SPEEDING TICKET today! Yay for him! I had the registration card ready to go when the cop got up to the car to talk to David. I am more, ah, well schooled, in the speeding ticket arena.
3 comments:
In David's defense, his Aunt Windows is also known as Lead Foot Linda... nature/ nurture, you decide.
Your Christmas pictures are great, and Maggie couldn't get any cuter! I scrolled down and looked through some of your older photos and LAUGHED! Kylie, Caroline and Maggie all have the same "Smile" outfit! Somehow I think that's just hilarious that three babies from the same orphanage on the other side of the world are wearing the same clothes! :-)
Maybe Stacy & Clinton can come rescue us both!!! We'd take NYC by storm and I'd GLADLY give away all my fashion disasters!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE stockings too and would be perfectly content if all I got were the little surprise goodies that come inside them...well, if only Santa managed to get my laptop in my stocking this year too though. :)
Post a Comment