Wednesday, January 09, 2008

General news

First of all, if you have a child and you do not own Elizabeth Mitchell's "You are my Little Bird" CD, you really must go buy it. I love it. It's just her and her kids singing along with her guitar and the songs are not the same old tired kid songs that you've heard and sung a million times. Maggie has gained a nickname from it too--Jaybird. She asks for "Jane" when she wants to hear it. I like to sing along with the CD, as well. So go buy it.

Tonight, Maggie and I played with her kitchen for a while. That thing is annoying! It's very bossy. "Put the carrots in the pan." Then when you do, it says, "Please remove the food from the pan." GAH! Also, it came with a little bag of flour that Maggie seems to think is a phone. She talks on the flour a lot. Then I set up a grocery store on the hearth and I pushed her grocery cart around and went shopping. I set up some of her cardboard bricks as a checkout stand with bunny as the cashier. I paid with a Sesame Street book and some peas. Then Maggie wanted to play, so she stuck her baby in the cart and slung her purse over the shoulder and went shopping. She kept knocking the checkout stand over and the bunny got mad at her. It was so funny. Another cardboard brick was the potty. Because you always have to go to the bathroom when you go grocery shopping, right? Maggie's imagination is astoundingly advanced (to me, at least). I foresee some games of Horse being played in the backyard in the not too distant future.

She got this horrid, slutty looking Barbie in a Happy Meal one time and she LOVES it. (of course). It stayed in the car for a long time but then it got brought inside yesterday. She wanted it to take a bath with her tonight and Maggie thought that was big fun. She laughed her head off when I rinsed Barbie's hair out in a cup.

Maggie got this Sesame Street floor pad for Christmas that has all kinds of drawings and stuff in it and it also came with crayons, watercolors and The Scissors (kippers). Maggie LOVES those kippers. She does not seem to have the manual dexterity to cut with them, thank goodness. She tried to cut the tag off the bunny earlier this week. Anyway, it's fun to color on the floor pad with Maggie, except she always wants me to be on my tummy, which ugh. That is not comfortable.

Some random things Maggie is scared of: the chickens on Sesame Street, when David pulled his hood up on his sweatshirt and pulled the drawstrings really tightly, and her tiger hat from China. Oh, that tiger hat. I love that thing. Maggie can't stand it. She was in her room the other day and she knew it was on the shelf and she was standing there with her eyes squinched up, kind of glancing in its direction. I asked her what she was looking at and she said, "Tiger. Curry." I asked her if she wanted me to put it up, so it's now living in our closet. And curry is code for scary, in case you couldn't figure that one out. When we were in LG at Christmas, we went over to my grandmother's one day and she had this Santa doll standing by her Christmas tree. Maggie said, "No, no, Santa! Time out!" and turned him around to face the wall. Hee.

Well, that's all for now but here are some pictures of Maggie in the hat that Pam's mom brought her from Peru. I think it's hand crocheted and I think it will make an EXCELLENT Easter bonnet. And I know it will match her Easter dress because I've already picked it out. I just have to wait for it to go on sale at Gymboree!

Always with the cell phone. Guess the flour was on the charger.

Copying a pose she saw on someone's website.

Maggie's diaper as compared to newborn Nuria's diaper. Whoa. That is a teeny diaper!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-- did you know that Elizabeth Mitchell is the name of the chick who playes Juliet on Lost? I googled her but the singer is a different person.

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

What does Kimmie's comment have to do with this blog? This is about my granddaughter!

Pictures are good.

Marissa said...

I'm going to look for the cd - thanks for the heads up. I need more kids cd's in my car and you can only listen to so many versions of the wheels on the bus..

and as we were already predetermined to have twin-clothing children...that's the same cell phone i just upgraded from! when i took it in, they called it 'vintage'. [jerks!]

Anonymous said...

This entry cracked me up. I love Maggie putting Santa in a time out. And I am SO THERE when she starts playing Horse. It has been far too long.

Anonymous said...

ahhh...playing Horse means Little House which means Pioneer clothing...sounds like a grandmother or semi-aunt kind of project. A pioneer bonnet is the least one can do for such garb. Man,that takes me back!