Nothin' much
I am watching a commercial for some car right now and it shows all these people making a giant Slip n' Slide on a city street. It looks like a ton of fun. But I bet in reality, crash landing on asphalt covered with a wet tarp is not very fun. We had the poor man's Slip n' Slide when I was a kid--the Wet Banana. The hose attachment even looked like a banana. I remember it being fun but if, for example, you stood up too quickly on the yellow tarp, your feet would go out from under you and you would about break your tailbone on the ground.
Today at school, I am almost 100% certain that a kid was flipping me off while I was explaining the assignment. He was resting his hand on his face but only his middle finger was pointing out of his fist, if that makes sense. I just checked through several pages on Google Images for an explanatory picture but nothing came up that would work. This kid is definitely not a member of my fan club and to be honest, I'm not a member of his either. I didn't say anything because I was really just so stunned that someone would have the balls to do that to a teacher. I am not some newbie teacher either; this is my 11th year teaching and I have had a lot of rude kids. I don't know why it surprised me so much. But, oh well, I got the last laugh because I took up his iPod Touch about 5 minutes after the bird flipping incident. He was messing around with something in his hoodie pocket and he is NOT good at being sneaky. I can always tell when he's planning/doing something because he attempts to look furtively at me. Idiot.
After school, I had to go to CVS to get a prescription filled and let me just say, I HATE that CVS. I love to browse around drugstores but the people who work at this particular store are either complete morons or they don't care. I gave my prescription to the pharmacist and told her I would wait for it. She said it would be about 10 minutes which was fine with me because I was planning to look around. Well, I looked at every piece of merchandise in that store, including every Hallmark card, before I finally went and sat down in the back. This other pharmacist looked at me and asked if I was waiting for something. NO. I got tired and needed to rest before I did some more shopping. JEEZ. I figured they would call my name over the intercom when the prescription was ready like they do at every other drugstore in the universe. I was the ONLY person in the store besides a woman in a Burberry shawl who was filling her basket with a lot of hair products. Stupid snobby CVS with dumb employees. I hate you all! But I did buy Maggie a pair of fake hot pink Crocs because she needed them. Ooooh, she was excited when I showed them to her. They are too big, unfortunately ,but maybe her feet will one day grow. She has worn the same size shoe since last summer.
7 comments:
Shoot, you think you had the poor man's slip and slide? My sister and I had a blue tarp and a garden hose on our hill...
Love, love, love the BW shot of Maggie. She is so adorable! Maybe she'll teach Kylie to pose sweetly for the camera one day.
And don't you find it funny that we can dress our kids adorably but have questions about what to dress ourselves in?
Kristi
"but do not be recommending" good thing you aren't teaching "bird boy" to TALK ENGLISH REAL GOOD.
we had a slip 'n slide - some of my best memories are on that ghetto thing. our hose attachment broke so we just threw the hose on the slide. i told you, ghetto.
i also suggest navy flats - you don't have to go high end but i do suggest getting leather over pleather, your feet will thank you and so will everyone else when you take off your shoes at the end of the day.
LOVE the faux crocs and also hate CVS or any drugstore/pharmacy!! I think you have to put IDIOT somewhere on your resume to get hired. Wait, I doubt you need a resume to get hired there. If you have one, chances are you're seriously over-qualified.
We went to Kalahari, not Great Wolf Lodge, though they are on the same street. LOL - Kalahari is bigger and better. Worth the drive!!! :)
...adding... thats how i often flip off my husband so i'm pretty sure you caught his drift quite properly. he was, indeed, flipping you the bird. ;)
Ok, I wear black shoes with navy pants all the time, so clearly I have not recovered from the band experience yet. But the only navy shoes that I think would be cute with the stuff I wear are ballet flats, and those KILL my feet with their lack of arch support.
Does Privo have any flats/mary janes that would work? Those are SOOOOO comfortable. Like maybe these?
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/28213773/c/347.html
Too casual?
Love the "frocs"...got a pink and white tie-dye pair of fake ones for Caroline at Wal-Mart for $5!
And, yeah, Caroline is a fashion plate...I think I broke mine!
Post a Comment