Trying to be better about this posting thing
I have no new pictures (I know!) but I thought I would write just a little bit tonight before David takes the computer away to play Civilization with Emma's daddy. I lost 3.4 pounds my first week of Weight Watchers! WOO HOO. Everyone should do WW my way with McDonald's one night and Cookout over the weekend and lasagna primavera that had 661 calories PER SERVING.
My mom asked me this morning if we'd stopped thinking about adopting again. I think for now, the answer is yes. China's doors are closed to us, Taiwan and Korea are much too expensive and Vietnam is currently up in the air and not many agencies are accepting applications anyway. And I know, I am kind of limiting our options to Asian countries but if we adopt again, I would like Maggie to have a sibling who looks similar to her. I have zero desire to adopt from Ethiopia or another African country. I am not willing to go back to the doctor and start that crap again. So, for now, Maggie will be our only child. I'm mostly okay with that. And like she told me tonight, "I'm special!"
Uh oh, the computer is being demanded. I'm going to try not to fall asleep while finishing "The Good Shepherd." I hate spy movies. They are too confusing and their plots are way too convoluted for me.
4 comments:
Congrats on the WW! Yours is the 2nd blog I've read in a row with people getting in the groove with WW. I was successful (40 lbs) in '04 and am still down about 20 lbs, but I gained weight back b/c I fell off the wagon, which I have been hit by twice since then. I'm thinking it's a sign. Keep up the good work! I'm hoping 4th time's a charm.
Woo-hoo is right!! You are my favorite loser! I'm planning to try it your way next week since I didn't lose quite as much... Mickey D's, here I come! I'm off to officially register now, so as to avoid the shame and allow the WW gods to smile upon me this week.
So funny that you posted about WW tonight! I was just getting ready to post about "getting back on the wagon" myself. I'll have to try it at McDonald's and Cookout...
The wagon backed over me, I have gained 30 back of the 40 I lost, WW lasted longer because it changed my habits. Congrats. Maggie as usual is right, she is damn special. Just follow you heart and what feels right. Right now it seems that enjoying that perfect little girl is what is called for.
Post a Comment