Moving up
I went over to school today to move my entire classroom upstairs. Ugh. I had 2 other friends who showed up to help me but it was still ridiculously difficult. I think my filing cabinet weighs 500 pounds. I about had a stroke trying to get that thing down the hall on a hand truck. Thank goodness my school has an elevator. I would have torched all of my files if I had had to move them up the stairs. I also had 6 bookcases (full of books) to move upstairs. My new classroom is kind of a dump. The teacher who was in there last year didn't take very good care of it because she got pregnant about 1 second after the first day of school and spent the remainder of the year talking about how she wasn't going to be back in the fall. OH PLEASE. People like that exhaust me. So there is a lot of crap in my classroom that I got rid of, like old clothes (ew) and a crusty rug (double ew). One of my friends who came to help today wanted to know if I was going to stick around and do some organizing. Obviously, she does not know me very well because I am not so great at the organizing thing. I know where everything is in my room but it's not organized. I did not stay at school to organize. I went home to eat lunch and take a shower because I was disgusting.
Here's the lead singer. His name is Geddy Lee. I thought it was spelled Getty until about 3 seconds ago when I Googled him. His voice is sort of screechy (sorry, David).
As soon as we got to the amphitheatre, David's sister got in line for a t shirt and I got in line for a beer. We found our seats (we had REAL seats, not any crappy old lawn seats for us) and I marveled at the number of aging rockers sitting around us. I was hopeful that I could bum a cigarette off of someone sitting around us but no such luck. So finally, the concert began and I continued not to know any songs that they played. Everyone sitting in the real seats stood up the entire time. THE ENTIRE THREE HOUR CONCERT. I gamely stood up for the first half and then finally they took a break and I could sit down. The guy sitting next to me (not David) was a GIANT Rush fan , especially their drummer, Neil Peart. Neil Peart is God, apparently. He was really good, I guess.
Then the second half of the concert started and after about 10 minutes, I was very tired of standing up so I sat down and texted David's cousin Jon about a thousand times and tried to read some blogs on my phone. My stupid Razr phone was slower than our desktop computer. Speaking of my phone, I get a new one next week. YAY. I am going to run over my Razr in the driveway when I get the new one. Also, David's sister's husband bought me a margarita so it wasn't all bad. Then the concert ended and we went out to our car and watched cops busting people selling knock off t shirts and this completely drunk woman trying to find her car. So, it was an experience. Let's just put it that way. I'm not going back to another Rush concert though. Sorry, David. I guess I have now been paid back for making you go to Lilith Fair a hundred years ago.
4 comments:
This post was HILARIOUS.
Also, David went to LILITH FAIR?? AHAHAHAAH! He is never going to live that one down. OMG.
You got to go to Lilith Fair?!? I wanted to go sooo bad, but I was about 13 months pregnant when they were here and the husband said it would look bad. (?) Still not sure what that meant.
I have never listened to Rush either.
Margarita sounds great though!
I am glad Maggie isn't sick. My daughter used to be able to force fevers when she was about that age. Apparently, I did too.
1) old clothes left in classroom?
ewww.
2) old crusty rug?
double ewww.
3) RUSH concert.
:::whispering:::
ummm. who's Rush?
no, really. who are they?
i have to google them.
4) Razr phone.
please roll over mine as well. i went to buy a new one last week, one with a texting keypad and the ass told me i wasn't eligible until APRIL 2009 for a new phone. i guess i just got this razr but it being so sucky it seems i've had it forever. ugh.
5) Lilith Fair
:::back to whispering:::
who is lilith fair?
guess i should google that too.
and then increase my music knowledge beyond Top 40.
i suck. i realize. :X
I don't know what ur complaining about , you're def lucky to be able to go to see Rush , they're a great band , and have been for many years ! Their music is awesome , and Geddy , Alex and Neil rock , so be thankful !
Post a Comment