We had a busy weekend around here with a baby shower to host and a nursery to paint! My friends Leslie and Reagan rolled into town on Friday and after Kimberly was dropped off at my house, we all went to Cookout for dinner. It was a beautiful night and almost cool so we were able to eat outside. We decided to forgo milkshakes at Cookout (they have 40 flavors) and get ice cream at Coldstone instead. However, since we were all rather full, we decided we needed to walk dinner off and went to Target for a while. We generally acted like idiots and tried on the most hideous shoes we could find while we were there. Sometimes I wonder what we all look like when we're together. I still feel like I'm in college sometimes which makes me believe that I look like I'm in college as well. I don't think that's the case. We took a picture of our feet but Reagan has not put it on Facebook yet so I can't share it here. After we went to Cold Stone, we went back to my house and watched the Opening Ceremonies with David and Maggie. I was blown away by how beautiful they were! Then, since it was around 11 pm, and an optimal time to start any project, Reagan and I decided to dye our hair. I got blonde highlights in March, I believe, and I was getting rather tired of them. I had selected a hair color called Bordeaux, which ended up being a color not found in nature ANYWHERE. My hair is rather frightening. Goth, even. David said I looked like an art student. Oh well. I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday. Maybe the hairdresser can help me out.
On Saturday, we all had to rush around and get ready and be in uptown Charlotte at 11 for the baby shower we were all hosting for our friend Emily. We held it at the
Pewter Rose which I had never been to before but it was really nice. David and Maggie rode the light rail uptown and went to Discovery Place and then to Steak and Shake for lunch. Unfortunately, I had the camera so David didn't get any pictures of that.

Jane, Reagan, Emily, Leslie, me (with scary hair) and Kimberly
We had lots of fun at the shower and, as always, it was super great to see all my college buddies. After the shower, Kimberly, Leslie, Reagan and I came back to my house and, as is tradition after hosting a shower, all took extensive naps. Like until 5:30. We got Chili's to go for dinner and Maggie played with "all my friends." I forgot to write about this after our week at the beach but when Maggie and David and I came back to the Little Acorn after going out to lunch with some family, Maggie said, "Where my buddies?" referring to my friends. Hee. At around 9:30, we decided maybe we'd better go over to Kimberly's to paint Anna Kathryn's nursery which was our other objective this weekend. When we got there, we had to waste a lot of time and watch TV and look at AK's nursery bedding before we finally got down to work.

Kimberly, master roller

Leslie, master edger

Reagan, master painter with extension pole
We had a lot of fun painting while we listened to soft rock and sang along. Leslie had stains on her painting pants from when we painted Maggie's nursery at our old house. ::sobs:: AK's nursery had previously been this color so we had to do 2 coats on top of the primer. We allowed ourselves to take breaks after each coat. Anna Kathryn's room is going to be super cute when they have all the furniture in there and the crib all set up. VERY girly. Maggie is going to be super jealous. We finally got done and went home around 2. Yikes. Then I stayed up way too late reading "Breaking Dawn."
This morning, I felt like I had been run over by a truck. I cannot stay up until 2 any more. Am too old. Maggie's buddies left this morning and we went for a walk with Maggie. Today was kind of a bust because I felt cruddy all day. Tomorrow starts my last week of vacation. Wah! I am maybe a teeny bit ready to go back to work. I'm getting a little bored.
We are planning a trip to Disney over spring break next year and my mom and I have already started working on it. I told Meredith that planning for a trip to Disney is like applying to get into college. It's very complicated and kind of stresses me out. I guess that's all the news around here for now.
4 comments:
I've been super-tired today, too. I had to fight not to take a nap. It sure was a fun weekend though!
Lovely pics. (read with sarcasm)
L
Dude, we need to get together! What are you guys up this last week of break? Sucks that you cannot hang with the late night crowd... I have started feeling the same way recently. See you soon!
what a fun, busy weekend!
maybe i need to see a more close up picture but from what i can see i really like the new color!
enjoy your last few minutes of summer vacation. its so bittersweet in so many ways.
adding... i'm off to hunt you down on facebook. be on the lookout for my request. :D
Post a Comment