I recommend...
I've been thinking about some things that I've bought recently (probably on a good deal) that I have been pleasantly surprised by, so I thought I would pass those findings on to you!
First of all, I bought this L'Oreal Advanced RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate High Potency Serum (Good GRIEF, that's a long name) at CVS because it cost $11.98 and then you got $11.98 in ECBs. So, if I hated it, it didn't matter. But I ended up really liking it! It doesn't have too strong of a smell, it feels nice on my skin and it supposedly is going to make all my wrinkles go away. I'm not sure if that is actually happening but I am continuing to use it. Maggie is especially intrigued with it because it comes in a big red tube and she thinks it's "wip gwoss."
The next product I wholeheartedly recommend is this CoverGirl LashBlast mascara in Very Black. I LOVE it. I don't particularly like wearing mascara because it makes my eyes hurt and itch but not this stuff. I used Maybelline Great Lash in the pink and green tube for a long time but yuck! I can't stand that stuff anymore. Give me my Lash Blast anyday. Plus it has a giant brush, which I like.
Another facial product that I bought because I got the whole price back in ECBs at CVS was this L'Oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser. I don't know how big my pores are but it removes makeup, which I like, and it smells good. The scent might be a little strong for some people so you might want to open it up and sniff it before you commit to buying. Also, the bottle is clear, so I can see how much is left. That's a big thing for me.
When I went on my Super Double Coupon shopping spree at Kmart, I got a TON of hair products. I'm kind of ambivalent about makeup but I could spend a fortune on hair stuff. Currently, I am using Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing shampoo and conditioner which smells so good. The conditioner is not super heavy but it still makes my hair feel moisturized, which is important to me, because my hair is curly and kind of dry. I bought the giganto bottles of this stuff so I may need to swap it out soon with something else from the product closet.
Another hair product I cannot do without is this John Frieda Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Cream. I put it on my hair after I blow dry it to calm it down and make it less frizzy. It's also good for Maggie's super flyaway hair. I use the Secret Weapon stuff when I'm on the cheap. When I'm living high on the hog, I use this Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade. OMG. I love this stuff. It smells SO SO SO good. I highly recommend either.
The last time I went to the dentist, they started up their usual dirge about how I need to floss. Every time I go, that's what they say. I cannot stand to floss my teeth. Well, I used to hate flossing. But with these flossers, I look forward to flossing. Well, let's not go that far. But I will say that I am far more likely to floss now and floss is beginning to look like a non-word, so let's move away from that topic.
Now, I'm going to recommend a couple of Maggie products. I bought this Suave 2 in 1 Shampoo on a really good sale (it probably ended up being free) and I ended up loving it. It calms her hair down because it tends to be a little overly static filled. Plus the scent, Cowabunga Coconut, is YUMMY. It makes me think of the beach. Recommend.
Also, Maggie uses these Johnson's Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bars which she thinks makes her a big shot. Basically it is a bar of soap wrapped in some kind of weird material that keeps it from getting all soggy and gross when it's left in the bottom of the tub overnight. That never happens here, of course. Plus it's melon scented. I wish we had known about these when we went to China because we took disposable washcloths and they sucked. Also, there are always Johnson's coupons for $3 off 3 products and these soaps sell for .97/each at Walmart. You do the math.
One of our lifesavers for Maggie's super dry, eczema prone skin is Eucerin Calming Creme. It is fragrance free so it doesn't really smell good but it works on her skin. We also use Aquaphor on her face because her cheeks get so chapped in the winter that it looks like they're going to split open. Aquaphor is also good for super chapped grown up lips and split open knuckles and the like. We also have to use All Free and Clear and unscented dryer sheets for her clothes or her skin breaks out. I have Gain for David and me though because I like my laundry to have a scent. A good one.
Now. I have two NON recommendations. First, Crest Pro-Health Whitening toothpaste. Yes, I bought this because I earned some ECBs on it at CVS, but BLEAH. It tastes terrible and the aftertaste is even worse. I'm glad it's a small tube. I don't think it's making any difference on my teeth although with the amount of coffee and diet Coke I drink, I don't think toothpaste alone is going to do anything.
My other non-recommendation is Lady Speed Stick Invisible Dry antiperspirant/deodorant. I have it in Satin Pear, which smells nice but the lid says "Dare to wear Black!" which is a flat out LIE. That junk isn't invisible. I changed into a black shirt at least an hour after I got dressed on Saturday and I had white smudges all over the bottom of the shirt. Lying Lady Speed Stick.
Well, thus endeth my product review. I wish this was my job. I could have a lot of fun trying out products. Here are some pictures for the Complaint Dept.
Shew. Obviously the beauty products of which I am so fond are not working.
Marge looks cute though--and grown up!
Maggie drew this picture of me. Isn't that hilarious?
My face looks a bit like Charlie Brown's
6 comments:
an artist... like her dad... I like how she nailed your hair. how much has she grown up?
btw, that is an incredibly advance piece of artwork for a 3 year old! Seriously, and I am the expert on 3 year olds! She nailed the hair and it is ON the head with perfect feature placement. I am quite fond of the mouth! ;
Yep, genius here.
try men's products now...
Great picture...love your hair in the drawing!
I use Ladyspeed stick, but not because of its "dare to wear black" claim -- I could care less about that. haha I just like it because it works for me. :)
The photos at the end redeemed what was otherwise an extremely uninspiring post....
Hey, thanks for the tips! I need to get some stuff for Caroline's face...bought some Aveeno lotion, and that seems to work well. I forgot I used that Aquaphor last year. I'm gonna try that stuff for her hair, too! We use Bouncy Creme, and it works great on my hair, but Caroline's hair is SO flyaway and static-filled, that maybe your stuff will work better.
Post a Comment