Sunday, March 29, 2009

Drama and other stuff

Tonight, after Maggie's bath, we settled in for a book and some rocking chair time before she got into bed.  I have to say that I am so sick of Maggie's books.  I have read some of them a thousand times, I think.  I found a copy of "Make Way for Ducklings" that I had forgotten that she had and pulled it out to read.  Maggie did not like that idea and told me that she didn't get a turn (Maggie is all about the turn).  I told her that it was my turn to pick a book and when I started reading, she PUT HER FINGERS IN HER EARS!  Oh, no she di'int! (is it lame that I had to Google that to see how to spell it?  Yes, I thought so).  So I packed her up in her bed and shoved the book back on the bookcase.  And then the wailing commenced.  WHEW.  Then Super Daddy swooped in and saved the day.


Speaking of Super Daddy, I am LOW on Maggie's list right now.  I am good for turning on the TV and getting snacks.  Maggie tells me, "But you are a good mommy," all the time (HEE) but David is #1.  Last weekend, David had a track meet all day on Saturday and I was greatly looking forward to spending the day with Maggie, who was sure to ask when her daddy was getting home approximately 1 million times.  I made sure to pack our schedule so she wouldn't have time to feel sad (aka start whining).  We went to Target and HT to get Easter cookie cutters and then we came home and made cookies.  I'm not too proud to say I hid behind the freezer door so I could eat some cookie dough.  Okay, a LOT of cookie dough.  Then we went to McDonald's for lunch and came home and took an awesome nap.  Finally, Maggie went for a ride on her tricycle and I pushed her in the swing for a long time.  It was actually a fun day and the cookies we made were mmmmmm, good!
I have no idea when this picture was taken.  It appears that the Sunday paper is all over the table but David is wearing a dress shirt and I KNOW we did not go to church last Sunday.  Maggie was trying to find us a better deal on DirecTV so we will have more channels than stupid Noggin and the Weather Channel.

Last night we took Maggie to my school to see the drama club's production of "Beauty and the Beast," which was amazingly good.  I was extremely impressed.  Maggie was not crazy about the beast at first but overall, I'd say she liked it.  She was most excited about getting to see my school as she is obsessed with it.  On the days that I take her to daycare, she always asks where my school is.
This is what she did when I told her to model for me.  Guess she's been taking lessons from the Allison School of Modeling.  Kimberly, AK and I went shopping yesterday so Maggie and David went out to lunch and to the "puppet store" to see the fish and kitties.  They also went to Target and Maggie scored that pink sparkly headband (hamband is what she calls it).  It is kind of big on her but I think it makes her look so grown up! ::sobs::
This is Maggie's other favorite modeling pose.  She saw Adrienne on My Adoption Website posing like that and Maggie seemed to really like it.  Speaking of modeling, Maggie's spring pictures were last week and as usual, all the other girls in her class were wearing their Easter finery and Maggie had on denim capris and a t shirt.  There is no WAY I'm sending her to school in a nice dress.  I had put her hair in pigtails, which looked cute at 6:45 am but by the time they took their pictures, it looked like Maggie had been playing in a blender.  Oh well.  We bought the pictures anyway.

When we went to ReRe's on Friday night, she asked how AK was doing, since she was sick last week.  Maggie said, "She had the glube."  I had no clue what she was talking about so I asked her to repeat what she said.  Maggie said, "Anna Kaf-rin had the GLUBE."  Finally, I figured out that she meant the FLU.  We laughed our heads off about that.  The glube.  That doesn't sound very pleasant.
The last bit of news around here is that I signed up for (got suckered into) playing in the faculty-student basketball game at school.  When my dad asked me if I had ever played basketball, I told him that I had indeed played basketball.  In the driveway.  It's sure to be embarrassing and I might die.  I practiced after school last Friday with some of the other teachers and some of the kids and I thought I might go into heart failure.  I got a free t shirt out of it though!
Oh, and finally, here's what Marge picked to wear today.  It was about 55 degrees today, I would say and she went barefoot and did not wear the sweater for the majority of the day.  She is so ready to wear all her spring dresses and get some new sandals!  I must say, I agree.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought she was ready for church in her modeling clothes.

Looking forward to the next two weeks flying by.

mom

Cindy M said...

That model pose is HILARIOUS! Oh, that girl is funny and reminds me, once again, of Caroline. She is SO cute, too!

Abby (our second oldest..8th grade) has the lead in her middle school play..."Beauty and the Beast"! The play isn't until the end of April or beginning of May, but we're anxious to see it! Caroline loves going to anything...movies, dance recitals, football games, marching band competitions, color guard competitions, soccer games...she gets a LOT of practice with older siblings. So she can't wait, either, and has told us she is wearing her own Belle dress. Oy.

Jon said...

so cute... i love that you googled it, i have learned something today.

Anonymous said...

No telling how many things I've signed up for in my life...all for a free t-shirt...

Reagan

Kimberly said...

Maggie's model pose is super-cute. And yes, the hamband does make her look scarily grown-up.

BTW, the "glube" is what's been running out of AK's little nose for the past week and a half. Ha.

glenna said...

Love the poses!! haha
Definitely have David take pics of you playing bball! :)

Rach said...

So, I come to read and never comment and decided that was just plain rude. :oP

Your Maggie is SUCH a doll! What a beautiful girlie. She reminds me quite a bit of Miss Lily lately going with what you wrote. Three year olds...OY!

I had to LOL at the school b-ball game. They tried to recruit me for one this year (against middle schoolers no less!) and I flat-out refused them because I KNEW I would make a fool out of myself, LOL. Good luck, though! I bet you'll be GREAT! :o)

Tigger said...

Tell Maggie not to worry, she will have plenty of opportunities to wear her beautiful sun dresses and sandles down here. We can't wait to see you in just a little over a week!!

Brooke and Emma (and yes she is looking over my shoulder while I am writing this!)