
1. What is something mom always says to you? Good night
2. What makes mom happy? when you get a hug
3. What makes mom sad? when you don't eat anything
4 How does your mom make you laugh? when you get punchy
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child? I don't know
6. How old is your mom? 34 (right! She showed me 3 fingers on one hand, 4 on the other)
7. How tall is your mom? THAT big--holding up her hand
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? news
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? wait for me
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? I don't remember
11. What is your mom really good at? driving
12. What is your mom not very good at? not sleeping in my bed (uh, okay)
13. What does your mom do for her job? teach
14. What is your mom's favorite food? broccoli (not even close)
15. What makes you proud of your mom? when you have a hug
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? Kai Lan
17. What do you and your mom do together? play with puzzles
18. How are you and your mom the same? we're girls
19. How are you and your mom different? When you get white! I'm BROWN.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? when you get a hug
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? when we have a big hug--squeeze tight!
22. . Where is your mom's favorite place to go? home
Maggie went to her first birthday party yesterday, as previously mentioned. It was at Monkey Joe's, which is one of those places with all the inflatable bounce houses and slides and such. It really was a lot of fun. I had to go on several slides with Maggie as well as inside this gigantic bounce house where some unruly boys were kicking and throwing balls around. When I got hit in the face with a soccer ball, I was done playing on the inflatables. The best part was probably getting to see Maggie interact with her classmates since I don't see her around them but for a few minutes in the morning and afternoon.

Luckily, they had a "little kid" area for kids 3 years and younger, which was much more Maggie's speed. She spent a long time in there and I was able to stand outside and watch and talk to her without having to get in.

A Maggie sized slide

Maggie and her buddy, Abby
I took Maggie to the bathroom at one point and the birthday girl, Reagan, was in there. Here was the conversation that ensued:
R: MAGGIE!
M: REAGAN!
R: I see you!
M: I'm going to the potty!
R: I'm washing my hands!
So funny. After the kids ran around for an hour and a half (only the girls in the class were invited), they got called into the party room for pizza and cake. You could have heard a pin drop while they were eating. I don't think anyone said a word. Then Reagan opened her presents and there was minimal snatching. Then we went out to play a little longer, Maggie got a goodie bag and we headed for home. I don't think I'm ever going to be brave enough to host a birthday party for Maggie. The family ones are more my style.
This morning, Maggie decided that she wanted to play upstairs in the playroom by herself! I never saw that one coming. I turned "Ni Hao, Kai Lan" on the DVD player for her and left her alone. After a little while, we heard a lot of thumping and crashing around so we called up to her to see what she was doing. She said she was playing with her ball. I sneaked up to see what was going on. She had found this water and glitter filled ball that she got for Christmas and was throwing it on the floor, picking it up and then throwing it down again. I had laid a bunch of her clothes from last summer out on the futon so I could photograph them and list them on eBay. Maggie's #1 favorite nightgown from last summer was in the pile and she discovered it. When I peered over the railing at the top of the stairs, she was also wearing the nightgown over her clothes. When I asked her why she was wearing it, she told me that she got hot.

This toy keeps disappearing, but
Maggie always finds it!

Teaching Hoho the monkey to play
It is snowing here right now so I kind of suspect we won't have school tomorrow. Fine by me. The next makeup day is during spring break and we're going to Disney, so I won't be there anyway! I have a new half gallon of chocolate ice cream in the freezer so I think it's about time for me to dig into it!
5 comments:
Maggie's pig tails are so cute!
Leslie
Love the pics at monkey joes. it was funny reading Maggie's answers to the questions...my favorite was #9. :)
When you get white I'm brown. Haha! She's hilarious!
I love the piggies!
What else would a mommy do, but wait for her child to come home?
mom
#9 & #19. She is so smart, she is aware that your world revolves around her. She imagines you at home, waiting on her to get home. I like that she notices that you guys are different, but it is no big deal.
Post a Comment