Maggie is FOUR!
We had a weekend full of festivities to celebrate Maggie's big fourth birthday! My mom and dad came up on Thursday for the big day and her party with all of the family was on Saturday. David and I blew it on Maggie's gifts, as usual. We got her a Belle polly pocket-esque doll and a Mulan one as well that we got at WDW. She didn't really care about them and to be honest, those things are a pain in the neck to dress. They may go into hiding.
Okay, well, first I must share these pictures. One night when Maggie and I were on our own for dinner and evening entertainment, we went to McD's at probably 5:00 because I was starving and I told myself I wasn't going to eat all 10 mcnuggets that came in my value meal, but you know that I did. When we got home, Maggie and I worked some puzzles and I discovered that a rerun of "Toddlers and Tiaras" was on. Maggie was entranced and at the end, said, "I want to do that." HA! So, I told her to show me her best modeling moves.
This looks like warrior pose from yoga to me.
I'm never going to get to be a model.
Now, on to the birthday. After I shot down Maggie's initial request to have Pop Tarts for dinner on her birthday, she settled for pancakes, eggs and sausage. That's what she always wants for dinner when she gets to pick. Fine by me. I love breakfast. I bought some cupcakes but we were so full from supper that I forgot to get them out. LAME. We didn't even sing to Maggie on her birthday!
So, what is this? Some sort of Polly Pocket?
Yeah, I didn't ask for this.
Emma called to wish Maggie a happy birthday
and they chatted for a good bit.
Saturday was the day of the big bash. A friend of mine from work made Maggie's cake and she did an awesome job. Plus it tasted good.
Yummy!
Maggie was way excited and had
to show her monkeys the cake.
We had tacos for dinner because I thought that would be easy and would feed a bunch of people. I forgot to fix the refried beans and THEN when it was time to eat, Maggie informed me that she wanted a hot dog, as did all the kids. SIGH. I never thought I would do this, but I played short order cook for them, mostly because I was afraid we were going to run out of ground beef. We also had 5 different flavors of ice cream because it was buy 2, get 3 free at Harris Teeter. I sent it home as party favors because I do not need to have 5 half gallons of ice cream at my disposal.
Oh, yeah, the presents! Maggie got some cool stuff, like a dress up trunk full of TACKY (sorry, ReRe) clothes and jewelry that she loves, some Playmobil sets that I was perhaps a bit too excited about, one of those balls with a handle that you hop around on, and best of all, a complete janitor's cart with mop, broom and various cleaning accoutrements. The only thing that she really told me that she wanted for her birthday was a mop so Aunt Erin really came through with this gift. At one point, I caught her on her hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor with a sponge while wearing high heels from the dress up trunk. I think I will be replacing the pretend cleaning stuff with Clorox and 409 soon. I think a good time was had by all. Maggie, her cousins, Elizabeth and Nicklaus, and Anna Kathryn screeched around the house and giggled madly.
So, to round out this post, I present Princess Maggie, ready for...cleaning the house, I guess.
I tried to show her a Marilyn Monroe pose
for this picture. Yeah...not exactly.
Awesome.
4 comments:
Buy TWO get THREE free ice cream!?!
I so do not need to ever come across that kind of sale!
Looks like a fun party!
Leslie
That's our girl .... the glitzier, the better!
Love the photos, can't wait to see you guys in November!
I loved Playmobil as a kid! Love the pics!
Post a Comment