Sunday, December 06, 2009

Embarrassed


I got behind just a bit so I am using Sunday as our catch up day. On Friday, we gave thanks that we have adequate (and maybe MORE than adequate) clothing and we counted our socks. I had to help quite a bit as we began to get up into numbers that Maggie doesn't know very well. We gave 2 cents for each pair and we had a grand total of.....135 pairs of socks!!!!!!!! That is crazy and like my title says, rather embarrassing.


Then yesterday, we gave thanks that we have the ability to communicate by phone and email with family and friends. 5 cents per phone (2) and 15 cents each for email.

And finally, here is my mantel. Oh, how I love it. I told David tonight that I'm leaving it up all year because I love it so much. You need to imagine a mirror above it though. We haven't gotten quite that far yet.


We are slowly getting the house decorated for the holidays. David put all of our Snow Village houses out yesterday and I got the Christmas china out as well. Maggie helped me put the Christmas placemats on the table and we are putting our tree up tomorrow. I love Christmas-time.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

You totally have a Martha-worthy mantle. That is, if she were into The Primitive. Love it!

Marissa said...

that's a lot of socks but one can never have enough because there's always only one of two to be found anyway! you are blessed, babe!

Anonymous said...

Love the mantle! Could you please come make mine look like that? The garland on my mantle looks like a snake hanging down and it kind of freaks me out, but I don't know what to do with it. Thankfully, I made up for the garland with the magnolia wreath I found in Southern Living that I made and have hanging on my front door.

Reagan