Friday, June 27, 2008

Two years later, one day late




Two years ago yesterday, David and I received the most important package that we would EVER get from FedEx!  It contained pictures of our daughter, Lian Si Qi.  In the coming days, we bought lots of new clothes for her, gazed at her pictures for hours and even took her to the beach.


Here we are two years ago, on referral day.  And last year.  


We went to a nice Italian place for dinner tonight.  Maggie ate the black olive tapenade with a fork.
This was abnormal Myrtle Beach.
Two years!  Wow.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What changes in Maggie! You and david look unchanged. Thanks for giving me another good cry!

mom

Anonymous said...

I thought David shaved off beard and moustache. Was that so he doen't have to shave for two weeks?


MOM

Kimberly said...

Happy second Maggie-anniversary!!

Love you all bunches!

Kimberly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been two years. Can't wait to see you all and play on the beach with Maggie tomorrow!

Reagan

Jon said...

Happy Maggiversary! I love that little girl!

Anonymous said...

THE MAGGIEVERSARY.

What a fantastic two years.

Love you all

Rege & Barb

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been two years! Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow. I know you will hardly believe this, but I haven't even started packing! Hopefully you take comfort in the fact that I never change.
Leslie

Marissa said...

Best two years of your life so far, for sure!!! What a beautiful anniversary (Maggiversary, I like that!!). :)

Marissa said...

http://www.moderntots.com/go_play/product.php?productid=17339 - do you have these? I want some!

C's Mom said...

Love the pics! Happy Family Anny.

I've been waiting over two years and so look forward to receiving as wonderful a package as you did.

Anonymous said...

Two years! Woo! I knew before we'd even seen her face that we would all love her, but I never imagined HOW MUCH we would love her!

This is a good reminder that all of the waiting and heartache WILL fade into the background one day...

Cindy M said...

She is absolutely stunning! What a happy family you all are! It's amazing to me how time fast goes, now that Caroline is home...I'm sure you feel the same.

Glad to see you had a wonderful vacation! Teachers deserve it more than anyone!!!

Cindy M said...

Me, again! I looked at your photos from previous years, and I had to laugh at that look on Maggie's face (one year ago - walk on the beach - she is DONE)...you are SO right! They DO have the same look! Hilarious!!!!

Someday, we really have to get together for a photo shoot...and some yummy food and lots of mommy chat time while the girls play!

Marissa said...

girlfriend, you ok?
I don't think you've gone this long between blog entries - ever.
I'm worried about you, babe.
Time to update or at least check in with us. ;)